Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is going to sound like a really stupid question but I was planning on getting some work done on my teeth and was thinking of getting them whitened but I'm not sure if this would have any impact on my next round of tx.  Due to cycle again early/mid August and was looking to perhaps get my teeth lasered first then use a take home whitening kit from the dentist, would then have to get white filling replaced.

Do you think the ingredients in the whitening kit would interfere with my tx, and advise would be grateful.

Vonnie

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi there,
When i started my first round of IVF a few yrs ago i had my teeth whitened. It was from a kit we bought from a private dentist so i could do it at home.  I did it well before treatment started. I did get a BFN but i don't put it down to that. I left plenty of time to lapse before i started jabbing  :) xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I would recommend asking the dentist, but I have had my teeth whitened with laser twice (over 1K), as has my donors partner last year and to be honest I don't think that the results are lasting and wouldn't do them again, they look just as white after a session at the hygienist.
L x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts