Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me advice.  Over the years I have had demoid cysts removed from my left and right overies.  I have been left with one third of my right overy and most of my left.  I am on the waiting list for IVF which is due to start in November next year this is due to the surgery I have had and the scarring on my tubes.  I had a scan due to hip pain and have been told I have muliple dermoids on both overies but more so on the right.  Am waiting to see the doctor again but am worried about the damage further surgery would cause to my overies.  I am unsure if I would still get IVF with these cysts but worried another operation would leave me with no overies. An advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have seen the doctor again and I have a small cyst on my left overy and a large one on my right.  The doctor is referring me to crosshouse again and said I will need more surgery.  I am so upset and confussed.  I am now wondering if we should just start looking at adoption rather than waiting all this time for IVF which may never work. 

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
How's things Hollybolly?  Are you having more surgery?

I had a dermoid cyst (very large) and lost my ovary.  Luckily my other ovary seems to work fine and I now have a DS age 2 and am 28 weeks pregnant with twins - so IVF really can work! x

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
How's things? x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am waiting for an operation to remove both cysts.  We saw the nurse at the Assisted conception unit at the Royal and she said i just have to wait and see if there is any ovary left once i have the operation.  Still need to loose about five pounds for the operation and 14 for IVF.  Have lost my motivation again which sounds so silly when I have so much to motivate me.  Any way thanks for asking. 

Holly

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Maybe it will be easier to find the motivation with the better weather?  Best of luck to you and I do hope they manage to save some ovary - I'm sure they'll do their very best to  ^hugme^ 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.