Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're all guilty of it, in our 2ww - as we know we have our lovely embies on board, we assume that our bodies will suddenly start kicking out all the pregancy hormones and we should all be feeling something 'positive' to say 'YES' we're definately pregnant!

Well, I've been trying to think a bit logically about this (OK, have the occasional blip - where logic just goes out of the window!). Lets face it, we have our embies put back between 2-5 days post EC, well the day of EC, is classed as the day of Ovulation, so you then need to allow 6-10 days post ovulation, for the embies to implant (or there abouts anyway!). Once implanted, it's not suddenly going to produce mountains of hormones, these will build up over the coming weeks, or months, at which point you may then expect the various symptoms (bare in mind, many women don't experience any symptoms at all!).

I think we are all so desperate for some sign, that our imaginations run wild, we analyse every twinge, every bit of tiredness etc......

So, not sure if this is helping anyone, but I've found the following information about Early pregnancy Symptoms, which I think has to be the most down to earth stuff I've read;

Q: What are typical early pregnancy symptoms and pregnancy signs? Can I feel the pregnancy signs and symptoms before missing my period?

Many women have typical pregnancy symptoms even before they miss their period. However, most of the typical pregnancy symptoms and signs are directly related to the pregnancy hormone hCG. Small amounts of hCG enter the blood stream several days after implantation, about 8-10 days after ovulation. Thus, typical pregnancy symptoms typically do not appear until the hCG has reached sufficient levels which is about 1-2 weeks after you miss your period (3-4 weeks after ovulation, or 2-3 weeks after implantation), at a time when the hCG has risen enough. Nothing will really confirm a pregnancy except a positive pregnancy test.
The first symptoms and the time of their appearance are listed here:

• Temperature drop (dip) on Implantation day
  • Implantation bleeding or spotting:(a slight staining of a pink or brown color on average 8-10 days after ovulation))
  • Lower abdominal cramps
  • A positive blood HCG pregnancy test: About 10 days after fertilization/ovulation
  • An elevated bbt curve for 15+ days without a menstrual period
  • A missed menstrual period (amenorrhea):
  • A positive urine pregnancy test (HPT): As early as 10-14 days after ovulation/fertilization or 3-4 days after implantation. The more sensitive the HPT the earlier the pregnancy test will be positive.
  • Nausea: as early as 2-4 weeks after ovulation (BrJObGyn 1989b;96:1304)
  • Nipple or breast tenderness: 3-4 weeks after conception
  • Fatigue: 3-10 weeks after conception
  • Vomiting: 3-10 weeks after conception
  • Food cravings: 1-2 months after conception
  • Frequent urination: usually after 1-2 months
  • Softening of cervix: usually not before 6 weeks after LMP
  • Constipation: later on
  • Lower back pain: later on
  • Darkening of areola (breast nipple): After 14 weeks
  • Fetal heart beat on sonogram: 8-9 weeks after conception
  • Fetal movements: 16+ weeks after conception

The Link for this site is;

http://www.babymed.com/docs/english/21.asp

Hope you find this useful - so lets stop stressing!!! Remember everyone is different and there are many pregnant people that were convinced they were not pregnant and thought af was about to arrive any moment!

Take care all,

Love,

Sue ^reiki^^spot^

:) This post contains unconfirmed links/information and readers are reminded that
FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Carol,

Well what a rollercoaster these last few days have been. Gone from being really positive for the best part of the 2ww - to then having one day thinking hey, this is good to another when I've been constantly knicker checking and dreading going to the Loo!

Yesterday was the latter - very jittery, but by the time I went to bed last night - I'd turned everything around and instead of panicking about having af type pains - thinking they are pregnancy type pains! This site that I've posted a link to is really good, so many women have put their experiences - really down to earth.

I was again awake throughout the early hours of this morning (instead of from 4.30am - from 3am, and no Carol, not doing anything like that.....), and for the first time ever during any of my cycles, I was relieved I never had any pee sticks in the house as I so wanted to test, well that was for one moment and then in another, a blind panick, thinking - no can't test, until Wednesday I will always have hope....

Take care all,

love,

Sue :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Carol,

I'm awake everynight for 2-4 hours - so don't tempt me, you may get a call at an unsociable hour!!! :p

You're OK - I wont be testing early - I'm not buying my pee sticks until tomorrow afternoon. Although I felt that I wanted to test this morning or perhaps tomorrow morning - I'm far too much of a coward, so could never go through with it!

Thanks again, you're a good mate!

Love,

Sue :-* :-* ^reiki^^spot^

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Sue

Bless you hun for taking the time to post your messages about 2ww symptoms, I and am sure many many others spend hours scouring the www for a tiny bit of info & hope in someone else's symptoms and then trying to match them up to our own !!

Its a real tough time for everyone, really appreciate your information

Lots of love Amanda x x x :-* :-* :-*

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sue !!

Don't test til Wednesday! You were very definite about this the other day, so don't cave in now! It must be so tempting (well, it got the better of me didn't it), but you only have tommorow to get through and then the horrible wait will be over.

Looking for pregnancy signs is a tricky one, isn't it. We are all so pumped full of drugs and hormones, that we can't really compare ourselves to other people and the symptoms they get. Yet every niggle takes on a huge importance because we are just so desperate.

I will be around later tonight for a serious Pep Talk (yours, not mine).

Nearly there Sue!!!!

Lucy xx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Sue,

Had to say well done for not testing early - it is so tempting. (My DH banned me from going unaccompanied to any shops leading up to our testing day).

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you on Wednesday.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Allie

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sue

Thanks for finding time to pass my 2ww !!

I have been on that site since 11am and its now approx 2pm & I am still in my dressing gown ;D

Wow - that site has so much info, especially the 1st trimster board - lots of info about pg symptoms before ++ testing etc etc

Thanks again Sue, Love Amanda x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Well done Sue

for not testing early. I know you can do it. After Lucy has finished with you it will be my turn ;D ;D

Love Kim :-* :-*

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well Sue, it's ten past eight - WHERE ARE YOU!!

^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ Me and Kim are lining up here to fire some positivity your way. ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^

Hope you are ok.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Thats right Lucy let me know when you have finished with her.

Hope your ok, and nice and fat ;)

Love Kim :-* :-*

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,
Just wanted to say a big 'thank-you' for the posting on sysmptons.
I'm due to test Friday, 3 days and counting but had shows on Sunday & a little today. I've been waking up feeling so hot, i feel wet and had awful stomach pains on Sunday night that kept me awake.
I've got a very open mind for Friday, although i am obviously hoping for a positive.
Good luck to everyone
love Becky x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Becky

Good luck for Friday, fingers crossed for you.

love kim :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Bex,

Glad you found this helpful - I think it's fab and just had to share it, I know how we all beat ourselves up during the 2ww desperate for symptoms!

All the best for your testing on Friday! ^reiki^ ^spot^

Love,

Sue :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Girls,

I hope this thread is helping any of you in the 2ww!

I think I can now definately back up what I was saying - don't panic if you don't have any symptoms (as I said it's really early!), you can still have a ^reiki^ result!

I can honestly say during the 2ww - I have not had sore boobs (other than when I've pinched them), not had nausea or sickness. I have been tired on and off - but then I've not slept properly at night for so long, so wouldn't read too much into this, when waking during the early hours for 3 or 4 hours at a time - it takes it out of you!

So apart from having similar to AF pains on and off since last Thursday - I've not had any of the other 'Early Pregnancy Symptoms' that you alway see banded around the place.

So please don't despair and beat yourselves up - try and be logical - really believe (especially in ^spot^'s) and then you'll have your best chance!

Take care all,

Lots of love,

Sue :-* :-* ^spot^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sue

Thanks you wisw girl for doing this thread. I have read this over and over and am trying to appeal to my logical self.

I know I must not read into anything

But it's hard isn't it?

Jane

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Jane!

Yes it is hard not to read into anything! I've spent the morning getting myself really wound up - thinking of all the things that can go wrong - I just can't wait for my scan next Friday to see a heartbeat or two or three! So I'm desperately wanting symptoms to make me feel I am pregnant - I have 4 pee sticks which say YES, but no symptoms.... I don't want to keep relying on pee sticks!

All the best Jane,

Love,

Sue ^reiki^ ^spot^

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^bump^

·
Registered
4 Posts
First time on this site and am in the 2ww - third time of IVF - have had pretty poor embryos everytime so am a bit negative. Has anybody been successful with poorly rated embryos?
I have no pregnancy feelings but I do have premenstrual feelings - is anybody else going through those feelings? I have abdominal pain and sore boobs - just like I do before my period. Early days - embryos were replaced on Monday - 2 days ago.
Thanks for help,
Sal.

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Sal

I Know there will be people on here who will be able to help you, but I just wanted to say good luck to you, 3rd time lucky & fingers crossed hun

Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Hi Sally,

Those symptons you describe are normal ..... its a waiting game Im afraid.

The sore boobs are the Cyclogest and the abdo pains are likely to be from EC/ET.

all the best ;)

Tony,
x

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.