Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of how to make the best use of the three days between egg retrieval and ET, pain permitting of course. Would it be a good idea to maybe have a detox massage the day before ET? Does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi zuzzy,

I had a massage around the same time in my second cycle and ended up with a touch of OHSS. I think that the massage stirred up the drugs in my system and sent an extra blast of them through. I felt much worse after the massage.

Just a theory on my part and no proof to back it up.  Maybe something simple like a foot massage, scalp or back massage might be better. Also there is the question of oils to avoid during pregnancy and around these issues.

Hope that this helps.  Good luck!

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hi zuzzy
I'd also recommend a foot treatment - I'm a podiatrist, and all patients say how good they feel at the end of their treatment.  :)
Anything to pamper yourself during this time is important.
DH a physio. He also said massage may not be good idea.
Hope this is helpful. Gud luck. ^reiki^
69chick x

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, thanks.

Had ayurvedic massage last time between EC and ET - could that have contributed to BFN I wonder??? (I wish it were so easy to find reasons!!)

greetings

zuzzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.