Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am actually wanting advice of some men out there as my boyfriend has just been given his second sperm test results which again show 100% negative forms. we are simply devastated and in no mans land. he has to see a urologist.
if anyone can spare time to give me any positivity about this or should we give up. :'(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eva first thing first never give up!!!!!!! When you see the urologist it will probably be for a bi-lateral testiculr biopsy. All the research iv read and what i know is it is quite poss that some sperm may be retrievable this way . so don't give up hope. All the best and good luck to you both.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Eva - A good thread to look at is the ICSI board and the thread on male factors in infertility there are some in a similar situation.  As you can see below even with my crap count we've managed to get a bun in the oven!!  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eva,

I am a husband who has been thru almost 12 months of what you are going thru. We started with the NHS but after several mix ups we decided to seek alternative advise. We went to Zita West clinic and had a sperm test via Dr Sheryl Homer who does a more detailed investigation. In our case this proved negative.  We could not wait for a urologist on the NHS and so went to the bridge centre in London bridge. I recently had a TESA, which is the removal of tissue from the testicles which the team then try to see if there is any sperm they can use. In my case they did not find any.

I know exactly what you mean by Devastated.  :'(

Bear in mind, if they extract sperm from your husband you can only get pregnant via IVF.

I wish you and your husband all the luck.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow - time goes so quickly! i first posted on the 18th November when everything was looking pretty bleak. We are now at ARGC and the last sperm analysis they did they found 10% normal forms and motility and count was fine. So we do have viable sperm. At the moment I am having my cycle monitored and had blood test done after my scan today - so waiting for results.

My poor DP is going to see the urologist, Dr Ralph, at the London Clinic tomorrow which we hope might enlighten us further!

Thanks for all your words of encouragment as I have come such a long way since my first posting and all your words have helped me through.

eva[br]Posted on: January 10, 2005, 01:06:50 PMFollow up on Dr Ralph. He found my DP's sperm test to be completely normal. 35% normal morphology.
Obviously we are really pleased - just going to take time out now and reflect on what path to take.

eva

·
Registered
931 Posts
:) Eva

Just read your posts. Thankfully you've had some better news since your first post.

Wanted to tell you that it is possible. My husband's tests came back nil - no sperm to test. We felt like our world had collapsed. After seeing the urologist we found out that it was possible to go in and retrieve the sperm.
His sperm was very little amount and hardly alive. Still we were able to create our own embryos. Our miracles.

So only one tiny sperm is needed!!!

Keep strong, its more than possible for you to have +ve experience of treatment.

Good luck x

·
Registered
37 Posts
hi eva,
i was told i could not produce anything useful and it made me feel useless, but the dream of having my own family was too strong to just give up, so after feeling sorry for myself for a while i started fertility treatment with my dw.
we are still waiting for our dream to come true and emotionaly its hard somtimes but we are still dreaming and that beats having no hope at all
hope that helps you
paul77   

1 - 7 of 7 Posts