Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

I started taking dhea about 6 weeks ago, thinking i might start treatment in july (3 months) In the mean time, i thought i would try naturally. I have brought the ovulation sticks, but it appears the past 2 months i haven't ovulated. I tested between 10-15 days on a 29 day cycle. day 10 had a strongish line, (but still lighter than the test line,) but it has got lighter and lighter. my other ovulation symtoms are the same. (discharge...sorry!) I did have a failed medicated fet at the end of march. Could that have something to do with it?  Pre baby i always ovulated on day 15 and other than the past 2 months i have always ovulated....coinsidence or could it be the dhea.

i would appreciate any thoughts

Angela

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello,

i have been taking dhea for 3 months now(nearly) and i have not had a lh surge, so don't appear to be ovulating.  have you heard of this before?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
/bump

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hi Finlay Foxy - only just come across your post! I hope that your ovualtion returned to normal in the past few months but thought I would post anyway........I would be interested to know whether your ovulation has returned to normal.

I have been taking DHEA for 2 months 3 x 25mg per day - I started using a fertility monitor last month and ovulated day 16 (had 4 x high levels and peak on day 16 & 17) I am worried that this month I am not going to ovulate as I am on day 15 and my monitor is still showing low fertility and I have no CM. I am not sure if I will ovulate and if I dont whether this will be to do with the DHEA or not but I have had a blood test done to check testosterone levels and dhea levels (i get results tomorrow). If my levels are high they could mess with ovulation, if they show high I will drop the doseage down. Maybe it would be worth getting those checked?? I asked my GP but they wouldn't help so I had to go to Zita West (who I had already consulted with) and they organised for me (it cost about £100 - but the DHEA is very cheap so I wasnt so upset about that). I understand that some Bupa doctors will do it too. I will let you know how I get on.

Good luck!

Ally x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts