Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Well i have had my appointment with the gynea today, saw the head consultant, who took down my medical history and looked over my scan results, which showed one ovary (right) was larger than the other, tho there were no visable cysts at the time. the doctor has now officially diagonosed me with PCOS and i am to have another scan in Feb, he said that apparently some sonographers are not good at seeing the cysts especially if they are small, i got quite upset in there, 

he is refering me to a dietician, so that i can hopefully shed some weight, i didnt feel he was too forthcoming with the information ie i had to really ask about pcos, i mean even if u do know a bit about it i think the doctors should give u some info.
basically the diagnosis was made from my history and symptoms now, it apparently cant be anything else as it is with the excess weight, heavy periods, and altho they seem normal to me the length between my periods is classed as irregualr, so that explains why it is so difficult to work out when i am ovulating, doc thinks that as i also have ITP (which can interfere) maybe i should go back on the contraceptive pill for a while.   
somehtin me and my partner need to talk about, doc said that it mite regulate me after like 6 months or so, so i may be able to come back off and we can start trying again. all boils down to what my heamotologist says now.

feeling a bit down now, especially as i dont know how bad/many cysts are there.

does anyone know ne good books?? think i need to have a read up on it

gems 

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi gems

sorry to hear about the diagnosis we are all here for you, i have pcos and found it very worrying when i found out too
There are a couple of books i would recommend one is by colette harris called a womens guide to dealing with polycystic ovarian syndrome  and one by craggs-hinton called coping with polycystic ovarian syndrome , your local library should have copies if you dont want to buy them
hope this helps
please feel free to email me if you have any questions

love
suzie aka olive x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for ur response, i am goin to have a look into it.

i want to read up as much as i can as i know i now have to sort out my diet etc, gonna be a bit hard !!

luv

Gems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts