Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I guess the subject says it all really....I have always thought we would have problems ttx, and sure enough that has proved to be true.  Plus I have also struggled to envisage kids in my life and my DH has admitted the same.  I am frightened by this and am therefore looking for reassurance from others who have had this feeling but have subsequently gone on to have children.

Thankyou.
Yellow

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hello, I posted something similar a little while ago called 'Stuck in a rut' (or something similar!) on this section! I feel exactly the same, except I can envisage children being there and can picture myself being pg and giving birth etc, but I just cannot feel that it will ever happen for us and it really freaks be out  :(

I haven't gone on to have children yet but am really interested to see what others reply to you on here. A few people pm'd me after I wrote my post and said that they felt the same and now have had a child/children so try not to worry  ^hugme^ But I do understand exactly how you feel. If we think about it then everyone must feel the same - surely?! Because if not, then no one would get particularly stressed about infertility tx as would all 'know' they'd get pg at some point... if that makes sense! i.e. if someone said to you 'I guarantee you WILL get pg and have your own baby at some point in the future, but we can't guarantee when exactly that will be' you'd relax a lot wouldn't you  :)

xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

We TTC naturally for 6 years before we turned to IVF which resulted in our lovely twin boys after out first attempt. I certainly never ever dreamt that this would happen to me. After trying for so long I actually said to my husband I can never see myself actually PG it's just not meant to be. So never give up.

x

·
Registered
384 Posts
HI,

I am just about to start first time ICSI, and like you have been ttc for 6 years. I have got to say that I find it difficult to imagine being Pg or having children even though I really want them. It seems a bit backwards but I think in my heart I just don't want to imagine them and then have to cope witht he disappointment of it not working.

Wishing you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Angelgel 40 xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
angelgel40 - This is me! I'm due to start my 1st round of ICSI within the next few weeks. We've been ttc for 5 years & I honestly can't picture myself ever being pregnant, buying baby stuff, giving birth etc I know this is the total opposite of what I should be thinking, and I should be being positive but I do think it's down to fear of disappointment. I'm terrified it won't work for me :( xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts