Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if anyone had continued to diet while starting a fresh IVF TX?  Ive lost just over a stone and another at least 1 stone to go.. but IVF TX is underway and im not sure if this is ok to continue?  Will I still loose weight while on TX or will the drugs just take me back to my previous weight.

Ive put soo much weight on during the last TX and i really dont want to put it back on unless its for feeding 2!  :)

have you got any tips or stories that could help please?

thanks

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Hi,

My initial thought is that this question is best targeted at your consultant/clinic. Its very important that you get the correct answer... we don't want to mess up this very important (and expensive) cycle with word of mouth advice ;)

Would love to know the answer you get from them :)

Good luck with your cycle!

Tony
x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello als2003flower

It would be interesting to hear your clinics views on this  ;)

Some of the answer would probably depend on what type of diet you're on. If you're eating healthily thats always a good thing, but if you're following some particular diets there's always a risk you might not be getting vital nutrients etc.

Good luck with it. I can understand that it would be disheartening to put the weight back on but it may be a side effect that you can do little about  :-\.

Love

Emma x

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I would strongly advise against following any fad diet, it's not good for you short or long term, regardless of whether you are going through tx or not.

The only good way to lose weight healthily and keep it off is to eat healthy. Tons of veg and fruit, and avoid the junk food. Drink loads of water. Make sure you are eating healthy carbs like brown rice, wholewheat pasta and wholemeal bread and potatoes to keep your energy levels up. And have healthy protein such as fish, eggs, nuts and seeds and lots of chicken.

Eat healthily and you'll lose weight regardless. And give your body the best possible chance of concieving. Avoid all sugary and high fat junk food, so cut out sugary/fizzy drinks, cakes, biscuits, fried food, crisps, sweets and takeaways.

I'm on a healthy eating kick at the moment so I wish you luck on yours! It's hard work, but when you get the balance right, and get over those sugar cravings(!) you have loads more energy and it makes you feel fab.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have to back up what maybe-if has said. Eat really healthily with tons of fruit/veg/salad/healthy protein and carbs etc and you may lose weight, without being on a particular diet. Just make sure you're getting food from all the food groups. When I was trying, especially in the latter part pre-pregnancy I lost 2 stone as I was told this would help signifcantly to improve my hormone profile, egg quality etc. I continued eating very healthily, with not one crisp, biscuit, chocolate, nut, hard cheese etc at all. Everytime I thought of a 'not actually necessary for health (provides no nutrients other than fat/sugar/calories)' snack I asked myself how much do I want a baby and I would close the cupboard and have something else instead, eg low fat yoghurt or hot drink.

I carried on with this eating pattern through pregnancy too.

Were you thinking of following a particular diet?

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love Lily. xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts