Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh the worry never stops!!

my darling baby arrived safely, after a very long and difficult labour and ventouse delivery,  he was checked over by a paediatrician at delivery and then again at hosp discharge as I am a strep b carrier and also rhesus -ve, however, I have noticed that he has a dimple above his bum crack.  I am now worried sick that this is a sign of spina bifida.  my mum tells me that my aunty (her side) and my dad both have these, are they hereditary.  I have researched on the interent (dangerous), it seems that if they are covered over there is no prob, is this the case??  Frankie's is just liek a dimple right at the top of his crack.

I have been taking multivits for over 4years and have a very healthy balanced diet, do I need to get another dr to check this or would the consuls I saw in hosp have said something if they were worried??  will the heel test pick up spina bifida?  could it be an indicator of a mild form of spina bifida?  are there any other signs I should look out for?  he has strong legs and is gaining weight very well, he is a happy baby

thanks strawbs xx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi Hun

I agree, the worry never stops  ;)

That is one of the things the paeds will have looked at quite closely. You are right, a blind ended (closed) dimple is fine, the problem is when it doesn't end. Just make sure when he has dirty nappy disasters, there isn't a collection in there too!!

Take care x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts