Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter
Having 1st IVF cycle, had e/c yest-16 eggs, however only 4 fertilised. Very disappointed, going for e/t tomorrow, but worried will be poor grades due to poor fert rate. Does this necessarily follow?
Also what are reasons for poor fert %, I'm 42 could age be a factor ?
Thanks Dollyzx x :-[

·
Registered
126 Posts
HI Dolly

Sorry I can't help with any of your questions but thought I would drop you a quick line to say - keep your chin up! As you know it only takes one for it to work and you have four at the moment! Don't let it get you down - stay positive if you can ^reiki^. I am currently on the 2ww board so look forward to seeing you there in the next couple of days.

Take Care

Michelle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Michelle
It's all support i'm getting from ff that's keeping me going!
Dollyzx :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went for e/t yest, 3 of the embies grade 2, 4 cells, so transferred.
Consultant felt eggs may have receptor problem, which would explain infertility probs. May need ICSI on future cycle
Dollyzx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Dolly - just wanted to wish you luck and say keep your chin up! I'm on 2ww too - so looking forward to seeing you there - you're doing really well!

love
Sam
xxx

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sam
means a lot
Love Dollyzx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
dollyzx said:
Dear Peter
Having 1st IVF cycle, had e/c yest-16 eggs, however only 4 fertilised. Very disappointed, going for e/t tomorrow, but worried will be poor grades due to poor fert rate. Does this necessarily follow?

Bot alawys, you need to wait and see

Also what are reasons for poor fert %,

can be either a sperm or egg problem, I would need more information to comment any further

I'm 42 could age be a factor ?

Yes, although I have seen plenty of pregnancies at this age

Good luck!

Peter
Thanks Dollyzx x :-[

1 - 7 of 7 Posts