Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello  :)

I have my Hycosy in a weeks time and my DH is unable to take me to the hospital... so i shall be catching the bus  :eek: back home afterwards and i wondered if people felt much discomfort afterwards?  If there is a chance i could i shall ask a family member to come with me and take me home.

Bekie

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Bekie ^hugme^
I'm not certain but I think the hospital would strongly advise you having someone with you after any surgical/medical procedure hunni :-\
I know I felt very shaky when I had my HSG so I imagine you could feel similar with the HyCosy, you wouldn't want to sparko on the bus :eek:
Hope it all goes well for you matey :) Let us know how you get on :-*
Lotsa love
Gayn
Xx

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Hi Bekie

I have had a hycosy, and although i felt fine after i dont think i would have liked to have got a bus home
I felt like i had mild AF pains, but felt a little wobbly, i think because i was so nervous the sheer relief after made me feel a bit wonky
(hope that makes sense?) they advised me to have someone to take me home after, and i was expecting to be in pain because of this
but i wasn't, i just needed to get in a car and go home for a cup of tea  ;D
Good luck hun, you will be fine  ^hugme^
Love Danni x x

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hi,
I was not told to have anybody with me. I found it absolutely fine and got straight back on a train for a 300 mile journey. I suppose everyone is different though and as I had had a previous one I knew what to expect. I certainly do not think it is essential to have somebody there.
Good luck!
Prija

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Bee  :)

I drove myself and then drove myself to work afterwards. TBH because there wasn't any meds involved I don't think it even occured to me to have anybody there  ^idiot^

I had a bit of cramping afterwards but a lot less than any af pains.

Also, just to let you know, a day later I bled some old blood and did for a few days. It wasn't much but I wasn't expecting it and, me being me, panicked! I now find out it can be quite common.

Good luck hun

Emma xxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much guys  ;D as usual fab advice  ;D  I've decided as i am a total wimp i am going to go by bus alone and if i dont feel to hot afterwards i am going to ring either BIL/FIL to fetch me as its only 35 mins in the car and around 2 hours on the bus because it goes round the houses so to speak!

Bekie

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good plan xxxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
i was in complete discomfort after the hsg but the hycosy was a bliss! I walked home , no pain but to be fair it was only a 15min walk from my home. i even bought the newspaper on my way home and went to work the next day. Not a problem. i prefer the HyCoSy way over the hsg
Take care
danni

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I dont know what hycosy is?but after HSG I felt very sore and  a little disorientated because of  it and if hycosy is similar then I advise company for sure  (even though they may not allow company in the xray room with you) it is nice to now that  u have someone who cares waiting for u in the next room - also depends on how squeamish u are - as Im terrible after a smear test (even after alll my TX) and need support with me.

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello

From what I've read on here I think the hycosy and HSG are quite different - in how people find them and afterwards.

Molly - I know what you mean. I'm quite squamish about these things too lol

Emma x

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately there just isnt anyone available to be with me afterwards so i am going to have to be brave and go it alone  ;D ;D I personally find smears very painful so i'm not looking forward to it much!

However i do have one more question... will they tell me there and then?  I dont want to be waiting around for results for months especially if it shows a blockage and they want to do more tests!

Bekie

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
They told me as they were doing it Bee  ;D. All clear in my case x

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i am pleased to report all clear  :) Which is fab news and we can ahead with the IUI.... but i have another question now!  I was a total wimp at my appointment and i have to say it really really hurt me  :-[ I almost fainted when i got back up and wasnt right at all, i had to go lie down and have water and painkillers which helped...problem is i am still in pain!  Its not constant and doesnt hurt as bad but i have a really bad ache at various times throughout the day and have to take Ibuprofen  :-[ Starting to get a bit worried about it now.  SHould i call my clinic or will it pass?  Is it normal?

Bekie

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hi Bee  ^hugme^

Oh - good and bad news then  :-\.

TBH - I don't think its unusual to have all kinds of pains and groans after any of these type of precedures. You might still be cramping from some of the dye - maybe its irritating a bit.

It would be worth phoning the clinic but I bet it'll start to calm doen soon  ^hugme^

Emma xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts