Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Can anyone comment on my concern? Firstly, I am worried that not only does my DH have slightly less than ideal sperm results, but the strength of his ejaculation is also low. Lying in bed last night I wondered on how to put this so I can truly illustrate my concern. Unfortunately I'm not sure I can do this in an indirect way: Sorry if I'm too blunt and direct.  ^bow^
In comparison with a previous partner many yrs ago!, who I witnessed ejaculating far (to his chin in fact! - no laughing - this is serious ^jumpin^!) I am really really worried as my wonderful and much better father material DH, only ejaculates directly around the end. I am concerned that without being an olympic gymnast immediately he orgasms that the chances of the sperm actually getting past the top of the vagina are slim, let alone the rest of the journey they have to make.

I'm sorry if I've got too specific about this, but surely it could be a big issue? Has anyone else had this concern and actually conceived naturally? Or, should IUI been the obvious next-step.

I am really worried and am becoming quite good at post-coital gymnastics!
Obviously, there's the female orgasm too, to aid transportation, but I'm wondering - are we actually just wasting our time, trying to do something that's rather unlikely and should just get on with IUI or IVF? My consultant wants us to try another 3 goes at clomid, but I haven't discussed this ejaculation issue.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Rowena

Don't know if I can be much help but whilst reading this a thought occurred to me...  If people practice the withdrawal method or similar and still get caught out sometimes then presumably a strong ejaculation is not necessarily needed to get the sperm all the way to the egg...? 

Just a little thought.  Good luck with the gymnastics!  ^Exercise!1^

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am not trying to joke but................
whilst teaching 16+ to 18 yr olds safe sex and all that a nurse came to help discuss some aspects of health and she said "remeber, sperm are just like tiny tiny exorset missiles, they have one thing on their very very tiny minds...... and that is to get that egg!!!!" She explained it is not a matter of how close to the cervix they are, the fact that they are within a ten mile radius gives the odds over to them rather than the eggs!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Fluffs and Jan,
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and info. It's good to have your perspectives and they have made me feel more reassured that we should keep trying with plenty of  ^reiki^.

With the gymnastics, vitamins, minerals, regular sex, clomid, weight loss and having convinced DH that a multiple orgasm for me is really important to help sperm transportation immediately after he deposits  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ I really can't think of anything else we can be doing. In fact perhaps I shouldn't pass on your ideas that just by being deposited there we have a good chance. Maybe we should keep things as they are for now!!  ;)

With lots of love to you both and thanks for helping me work through my worry.

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Rowena - As a bloke I always found it to be volume dependant,  I have had previous partners help me 'bash the bishop' just for scientific purposes *cough* of course....  ::)

I found with low volume you get past your belly button (mid tummy) but with high volumes your hittin' ya chin.

Unfortunatly for me low sperm count means this measure is useless... and may my DW never read this post!!!

Regards
Andy

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Andy, sweetie that's tmi! :p I'll never be able to look at Freddie Prince jr the same way again!! ;D
Liz

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Hmmm... she asked... anyway if I put a copy of the picture in Paint and dabbed a bit of white on his chin would that fulfill the image..  ;D  ;D  ;D

Regards
Andy

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts