Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in shock having just got a positive home pregnancy result 14 days post embryo transfer. :eek:

My query now is that I noticed my tummy to be distended, the clinic said that I am 4 week pregnant but then my tummy looks like a 3 month old preggy? Is this normal? My waist line is 29 before I had the treatment and its now 34. The clinic advised me to continue my pessaries for 8 more weeks. I really don't know if this is normal or just secondary to the medications Ive taken and taking in? ^pray^ Ive been searching through internet and the size of my tummy is not so normal for a 4 weeks old pregnant. :-[

And also, I often experience dull ache on the right lower side of my tummy and a bit nauseated at times.  :'(
No problems on my water works.

Please if you could advise me what to do on this, I would highly appreciate it. :)

Many Thanks :-*
Coleraine

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I also suffered from a distended stomach and put it down to the pessaries but also trapped wind (charming but true).  I took a light, pregnancy-friendly laxative and that really helped.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi

I will post this on peer support so the girls there can help although I know it is common after ET.

As for the pain, if it persists, speak to your GP who will check that you don't have a UTI, as these are very common in pregnancy.

Take care x

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi

congrats on your BFP!!

you should talk to your clinic today as swollen tummy and nausea can be a sign of OHSS, so just to be on the safe side get it checked out honey

hope all is okay
Suze xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
sorry my love, i didn't explain myself!!

OHSS - ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, its related to your hormone levels, you will continue to produce follies and sometimes the fluid that fills the follies can escape into the abdomen (some please correct me if im wrong!?) your clinic should do a blood test to see what your hormone levels are

hope that helps
Suze xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
No it won't effect the whole pregnancy.

I have been at risk of OHSS a couple of times, this current cycle included.  I had 40 follicles and 30 eggs collected.  I actually feel fine and am hoping will stay this way but if embryos implant then this could trigger my OHSS anyway.....but so far so good.

Did you get lots of follicles and eggs collected ?  Were you told you may be at risk of OHSS ?

If you're concerned then do contact your clinic.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
♥ Minxy ♥ said:
No it won't effect the whole pregnancy.

I have been at risk of OHSS a couple of times, this current cycle included. I had 40 follicles and 30 eggs collected. I actually feel fine and am hoping will stay this way but if embryos implant then this could trigger my OHSS anyway.....but so far so good.

Did you get lots of follicles and eggs collected ? Were you told you may be at risk of OHSS ?

If you're concerned then do contact your clinic.

Take care
Natasha
how big was your tummy when you had the positive result?

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
I've not had a positive result yet......I'm still in 2ww.

How many follicles and eggs did you have collected ?

Were you told you may be at risk of OHSS ?

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
That's good that you were pre-warned about possibility of getting OHSS as you have PCOS (I don't have PCOS or PCO....just respond well to the drugs ::) )

If you only got 6 eggs collected then I'd think it unlikely you have OHSS but obviously I'm not medically qualified and if you were at risk I would think best to speak with your consultant. If you had lots of follicles (how many did you have) then these could fill up with fluid so best to get checked out.

To be honest, as you've only just got the BFP and are still on the progesterone support then this is probably what's causing your bloatedness, soreness and nausea.

You're 4 weeks pregnant but I'm assuming you only had EC/ET a couple of weeks ago....so your body is still probably feeling effects of the procedures and all those drugs.

Progesterone can cause all sorts of nasty side effects and symptoms....plus you're now pregnant so this could well be causing additional nausea and early pregnancy symptoms.

I really would give your clinic a call if you're at all worried.

Do make sure you're drinking plenty of water though....the empty follicles fill with fluid and you need to keep these flushed clear.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
yeah you need to see your clinic hun and get checked out, i got OHSS it started with tummy getting bigger a couple of days before my BFP (which i actually got the BFP 8 days after 3 day transfer coz i knew i was pg as i had started getting OHSS i could tell)  clinic will scan you and tell if its ohss, though actually by the time i saw mine i had the oHSS a few days and they could tell as soon as i walked into the room.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks a lot for your help. Ive spoken with my consultant and he said its probably secondary to all the medications that I am currently taking in or have taken in. And with this, they advised me to observe it.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Glad to hear your consultant has put your mind at rest.

Enjoy your pregnancy.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
304 Posts
As I said before, I really recommend laxatives in conjunction with all this rubbish we're taking: they literally deflate my tum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Celeste said:
As I said before, I really recommend laxatives in conjunction with all this rubbish we're taking: they literally deflate my tum!
Thanks lot for the inputs and suggestions. I am currently taking Xenna at the moment at they're a bit of help. I've got no pain at the moment just the discomfort of having an enlarging tummy really. I am still taking pessaries as prescribed by my consultant for 8 more weeks......
Its gonna be a noble job for my husband really ha ha....

I just can't help to worry about my tummy now coz its not very normal to have a tummy this big for a month preggy like me. I am just attributing all this to IVF, coz basically I've had an assisted pregnancy and not a natural one.......

Coleraine ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.