Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wondered wether I could ask your advice regarding my LO bowel movements (she is 4 weeks old).

Jessica seems to have periods when she is in obvious discomfort, that seems to come in waves.  She will be perfectly happy then suddenly scream for a while, calm down, then a few minutes later scream again, quieten down...... and so the cycle continues for probably a half hour to hour or so.  These episodes are pretty much always followed by a bowel movement some time later (can be hour or so).  Actually opening her bowels doesn't distress her.  She doesn't open her bowels every day, more like every few days, so these episodes aren't a daily occurance, but when it comes there tends to be a nappy full  ;D.

Other than these episodes she is a very happy, settled baby.  She is not sicky and doesn't bring back any milk.  She has mixed feeds - breatfed then topped up morning and night then a mixture of expressed breast milk and formula during the day and night (we have issues with attachment and poor supply). She is currently on SMA Gold.

So, my question is what do you think is causing these episodes of discomfort?  My two thoughts were whether she just doesn't like the sensation of her bowels moving and this is something she will grow out of; or that maybe the formula disagrees with her somehow, if so is there any other formula that may be kinder on her bowels?  Is there anything else these episodes could be?

Also, what should her poo look like?  I have to say it reminds me of crunchy peanut butter, in that it is browny yellow in colour and has small lumps in (some of which look like curdled milk).

If I remember correctly (the last four weeks seems to have merged into each other ;D) these episodes first started a few days after we gave her her first formula top up, hence wondering whether it was linked to the formula.

I don't know whether it is connected but she also has a very windy bottom (something her daddy is very proud of) and could match any an adult with some of the ones she produces  :eek:.

Your thoughts and suggestions would be extremely welcome.

Thanks for the sterling job you do on this site.

Dawn

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Dawn

So sorry for not responding earlier.

How are things going??

Jeanettexxxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts