Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t posted for a while, but here's my update.  After a good long think about what road to take next my husband and I decided that we couldn’t emotionally take another round of isci (had 4 isci and 1 fet all failed) so we have gone down the donor sperm route.  We are having a natural cycle, I was inseminated on Sunday and have to wait 2 weeks for result. Although the wait is as hard as it ever was isci i have found this treatment so less stressful, it feels good not to be pumped full of drugs and for once I feel optimistic.  There doesn’t seem to be many stories on here of couples who have used donor sperm, so if there is anyone out there with a similar story I would love to hear from you

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Carenb

just wanted to wish you all the best hun for 2ww we also use donor sperm and im doing ivf now will keep all crossed for you and if you ever need to chat feel free to im me

love always lilly xxx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply.  could i ask why you are having ivf, did diui not work for you.  sorry if this is too personal but i think i need to prepare myself for the fact that diui might not work for us.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi Caronb,

My husband and I are going what looks to be the opposite direction as you .  We started donor insemination (natural) and have had 4 failed attempts.  We are going for our 5th and final one on the NHS later this month.  If this fails then we are going to move to ICSI or IVF.  We have our first consultation with Bupa in a few weeks time to discuss this.  DIUI is really not that stressful and you cetainly don't feel unwell, however the 2ww can get a bit much sometimes.  If you want to slow down time 2ww are the way to do it - they took forever to come around for me! 

Good luck with your treatment, I have my fingers crossed for you.  If you were Inseminated on Sunday then conseption could be taking place right now!

Take it easy
Jox

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello ladies!!

Just wanted to wish you all 'all the luck in the world' IT DOES WORK!!!!

We had DIUI and had our BFP after our 3rd 'natural' attempt!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi There

I am having diui, this is my fourth attempt and although I have had 2 +ve HPT's, I m/c early with both.  I test on the 4th October and I know that this 2ww is going to be hell  :mad:

Good luck to you all.

lisa x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts