Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone  :),

I am a stranger returning here  :p after a long break....and still no success.

I would like to ask if anyone has had a diui or iui with immune treatment eg remicade/humira or IVIG?

Thanks

Oonagh

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Oonagh,

Sorry to read that you have been trying for so long with no success. We have not tried DIUI as my DH is currently dead-set against using donor sperm.

I used Humira and IVIG but with a ICSI and a FET cycle.

It's really difficult as the immune angle makes things so expensive and so complicated and on top of that there is MF or other causes.  Sending lots of sympathy to you as this is all so hard and unfair.

Wishing you all the best.

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your message Flopsy  :)

Sounds like you have been through the mill too.  Do you think your dh could be persuaded in the future?  I always think that it is not until you have a door slammed in your face that you start to think about ways forward which you wouldn't have done before.  We never considered donor sperm and my dp was set against it too.  But then we were told that the IVF/ICSI journey was over and it was donor eggs or nothing.  They didn't suggest donor sperm.  But I wanted to try that as it is is less invasive on my body and cheaper of course.  We had lots of tears and now all dp wants is for me to be pregnant and to have a little baby.  We are even considering  a donor embryo if this all doesn't work!!  but it is amazing how you move on and try something new.  Adoption is a definite possibililty for us too.

Loads of luck with your next cycle - what is next for you?

love oonagh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.