Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on day 3 of 4th iui cycle and dh has had a bad chest for ages. He really thinks he needs antibiotics. Our fertility nurse says they won't effect anything - but when I googled it some pages says they can effect sperm. Has anyone else been in this position and what were you told? Just after some extra reassurance really. x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Rachel

I would be guided by your clinic hun. I wonder if the discrepancies on the internet are because of different types of anti-biotics?

If you're not convinced it might be worth asking your nurse again for more reassurance.

Emma x

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
I agree with emma in that it will probably depend upon the antib's prescribed.  In fact my dp was put on antibs to IMPROVE his swimmers (they didnt need it but thats another story).  Just ask whoever prescribes them if they are ok.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Rachel

My dh had his tonsils out on the 2nd Feb 2008 & was on antibiotics for 3 weeks in the end & we asked nurses, doctors, consultants, Ivf clinic everyone & they all said the same thing it will be fine. We then had e/c on 19th Feb & his little swimmers doen there job fine & there was no problems & as you can see i am now 16 weeks so all was well.

Hope this helps

Good luck hun ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Sue XX :-*

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your reassurance - Sue is living proof it shouldn't make too much difference - congratulations!  Maybe it will give them a bit of a boost  :p ! xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts