Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have just completed my first IVF attempt and got a bfp but had my 1st scan yesterday where no sac or heartbeat could be detected - it is most likely that I have had/will have a m/c.  During the 2ww (about 12 dpt) I started to get very painful swollen glands under my arms (which I know is related to the immune system because you can get this if you have the flu for example).  The glands are still up and down even now.  I am now 6wks 4days pg and have to have another scan on Thursday to confirm that the pg is not viable. 
This is my first official pg although earlier in the year I am convinced I had a very early m/c at 4.5wks but nothing else in the past 4 years.  I also have endo and have read that this can be linked with immune issues.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any advice on whether it would be worth me having immune tests before proceeding with anymore IVF tx and also if anyone has experienced the swollen glands.

Any comments would be much appreciated.
Alison x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Alison

I'm sorry your'e having a tough time at the moment. I had a failed IVF attempt at Christmas and I know how difficult it must be for you right now.

I have really high immune levels and always get swollen lumps and bumps at af. I always thought this was a sign of my body relaeasing progesterone and I think this was mentioned as being totally normal in a fantastic fertility book that I have. I remember feeling relieved as I had always wondered if it was a bad sign. The book is called 'Taking charge of your fertility'. The girls on the immune thread will probably say - oh there she goes again because I always mention this book but it really is an eyeopener. link;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060394064/qid=1094887482/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_11_1/202-9841535-0895064

However, it might be a sign of high immunity, I really am not sure. It ight be worth asking the girls on the humira thread. Maybe we can find something in common, apart from the killer cell levels.

Good luck Alison. Have my fingers crossed for you on Thursday.

Ellie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts