Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I don't know if anyone can help me - I am desperate! We have just had our 4th negative cycle of IVF and don't know why it keeps failing.

I really want to get to the bottom of why we cannot concieve naturally as I want to get off this rollercoaster! Although my husband has had a vasectomy reversal it was reasonably successful and he does have a fair number of sperm. However, I do not ovulate - I don't know if this is every month, or if I do ovulate some months.

My consultant is not particularly helpful and doesn't answer my questions fully as to whether I have PCOS - I have ovulation problems, suffer from acne and have enlarged ovaries with some cysts. However I am not overweight or have problems with hairyness. As far as I can remember, my hormone levels have been normal also and my periods are regular but around a 32 day cycle. They just keep telling me that my ovaries have the "appearance of PCOS". What does this mean?

Also, if I do have it - is there any I can do to help myself? Or are there any procedures that I can undergo to help sort out my ovaries?

Any advice please??

Thanks

Angie

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds like you might have PCO which is similar but you dont get the syndrome. If you search for PCO then you can find more info.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
It does sound like Pcos, you dont have to have all the symptoms to have pcos just some of them (or be unlucky enough to have all of them)

Can yuo not ask for a second opinion? If you dont feel your getting the answers and treatment you need, it might be worth seeking this, as if you do have pco/s you can be prescribed metformin to help, also clomid which will boost your ovulation

Nikki xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts