Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, me and my partner have been trying to conceive for years,  :( i was referred to the QMC for tests where they found that i had cysts on my ovaries, I've had two operations to have these removed and was told we could have IUI once i had got my BMI down to below 30.

I am now glad to say that i think i have got it down :) although it has taken over a year! Well my question really is will i need to be referred again by my GP or do i call the hospital?

Thanks for your help
Twinkle 2008

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi Twinkle,

I should think if you have already seen a consultant when you had your cysts removed you should be able to get a review appt with them without a gp referral.

Good luck

Helen xx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply think i'll call tomorrow if i can get 5 minutes out of work, just dont want the long referral wait again and didnt know if they would close my file because it had been over a year.

I'll keep you posted

Once again thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i rang Queens medical centre today, and guess what yes i do have to be referred from my G.P again  :'( I need to be referred after i have had a day 1-5 blood test, a day 21 blood test and a rubella blood test. Plus other half need a sperm test so he's not happy about that  ???

Rang doctors and can't get in have to call back tomorrow and started period yesterday  :'( so need to get it sorted soon or i'll miss another month  :'( :'( :'(

Twinkle2008

·
Registered
721 Posts
So frustrating you need another referral, I don't think half of the medical profession understand what we go through!
I have a fun day ahead of me tomorrow, I need a laproscopy with possible removal of my fallopian tubes due to hydrosalpinx as this can cause implantation failure.
At least I have started contraceptive pill for synchronization for egg donation cycle.
Good luck with your blood tests and treatment.
Well done for getting your BMI down I am struggling, I have two good weeks and loose a few pounds and then two bad weeks and put it back on!
I have now cut out alcohol and chocolate so hope this will help!
Helen x

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update, managed to get into the doctors yesterday, he said he would do the referral letter, and sorted the blood tests out (even managed to get him to do the day 1-5 test there and then (he said doctors don't usually do them!!!) but i knew i wouldn't be able to get in at the blood test department.

Just got to wait till 12th May for the day 21 progesterone blood test now counting the days down.

Managed to get BMI down to 28.4 by cutting my food portions down and cutting chocolate out.

Hope your laproscopy went ok i know how you feel as i have had 2 of them.

Good luck
Twinkle2008

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi to you all, Just another update

Called Fertility clinic the other day to update them, nurse was so rude, said she had received referral from G.P but he should not of sent it until we had had all the tests and the results were back. She said she was going to refer me back to the G.P until all tests were done and results in  :'(  explained my first blood test was done and that husband was booked in the take his sperm sample (which he wasn't happy with having to do, and look what us women have to go through) and take my next blood test day 21 was booked for 12th May.

Must of managed to talk her against it, has fertility questionnaire (Some silly questions) arrived this morning for us to fill in, with another form for each of us to individual complete and sign asking questions like if we had any convictions on us with regards to being in contact with children etc

Will post it on Monday, they should receive it Tuesday, it says they will write to me for me to call them to make an appointment, how daft why don't they just call me. Just hope it not too long away.  ^pray^

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, had my referal appointment today. Weight was down to 83kg which made by BMI 27.9  ^clapping^ (needed to get it below 30 to continue treatment)

Well consultant said we can now start IUI when my next period arrives (which should be in the next few days  ::) ) never wanted a period so much

Just my luck we are due to go on holiday on monday for a few days with family so unless period shows in the next day or two we'll either have to cancel the holiday or postpone the treatment  :'(

The appointment was so much of a whirlwind that never thought to ask some question like what are the side effects to the Gonadotrophins injections, what will happen if when i start the baseline scans and they happen to see cysts on my ovaries has I've had them before. Was expecting to be sent for a scan today so was and still am in complete shock when they said we can start treatment.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good luck with your treatment

Helen x

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AF arrived this morning, rang hospital booked for 1st scan for IUI on friday at 10.15am

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Good luck Twinkle! If they see any cysts they may want to aspirate them, or just check that they aren't producing oestrogen and leave them. I haven't really got much symptoms from the Gonal-F injections, the down regging drug made me feel awful, but once the FSH began I felt much better. Well done for losing the weight and getting your BMI down - I should have lost a bit before I began IVF but I didn't, and now I am putting more on!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your reply, i'm worried that they will find cysts has i've had them before and had 2 operations to remove them, how do they aspirate them? whats the down regging drugs? this is all new to me and am feeling alittle out my depth.

There is only my sister and husband that know, keeping it all quiet

Twinkle

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I don't think you will have down regging drugs with IUI actually. I was worried about cysts too as they found one durin gmy pre-treatment scan, but it went away without it being aspirated. Good luck xx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had day 3 scan on Friday it all went well  :) there not sure if there is a cyst or just a shadow so they are leaving it until next scan.

Was given injections and started them this morning, (Gonal-F 75UI) next scan booked for Friday at 9.30am

Going away for a few days tomorrow but coming back a day early for hospital appointment.

Twinkle

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a quick update

Had a great holiday just what i needed - although not the sunburn  ::)

Been taking the injections husband does them each morning so that he feels involved, went for scan this morning they are not sure because the scanner says it looked as if i had ovulated but the nurse said she didnt think i could of as only on day10, so been given more injection over the weekend and back in again on monday at 9.15 for scan to see what they see.

Nurse mentioned 1 folicle measure 1.5 and they wold like it to be at least 1.7 prefer 1.9

So just playing the waiting game

Twinkle

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi Twinkle

Glad things are moving ahead with your tx.

We are in Barcelona, our donor gave us 15 eggs, 10 were mature to use for icsi, we have 8 embryos!

Transfer is tomorrow afternoon, then home on Sunday.

Good Luck

Helen xx

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Toothdr

Good luck for your transfer tomorrow afternoon

^pray^

^reiki^

Twinkle

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had scan this morning folicle measured 1.9mm  :)

Had to do a urine sample to check ovulation and there was a strong surge  :)

Nurse gave an HCG (i think) injection and are booked in for 9.30 for sperm wash with insemination at 10.30

^pray^  ^reiki^  ^pray^

Twinkle

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good luck! You will soon be a menatl as me on 2ww!!

Love Helen xx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts