Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some advice please.  had bfn this morning after our 3rd diui natural cycle (have also had 4 isci using dh sperm all neg) called clinic this morning and asked about going medicated she said yes straight away and asked me to come in this morning.  just got back home with my prescription for clomid, told to start taking it on day 2. i was excited at first but now that i have read about all the side effects etc not sure if i want to take it?  on all my isci cycles i produced 8 cell grade 1 embryos and with the diui i always have one good sized egg and fab lining with no problems ovulating.  so do i need clomid? maybe i am being too impatient and should let nature take its course. it just seems that many women on here take clomid because of ovulation problems. not sure if any of that makes sense but any advice would be good.

oh one more thing, although i got bfn this morning af has not arrived yet and a strange thing happened last night, as usual with my cycle i come on in the middle of the night, af pains wake me up, this happened last night, had really bad pains so got up to sort myself out and get some voltrol but when i got to the loo there was nothing there??? very strange for me, it's never happened before.  told nurse about it she said not to start clomid until i get a proper bleed. she did say that although unlikely i may have late implantion and if af does arrived test again?  what does anyone think of this could i be pg! has it happened to any one else.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Re: the clomid, it can help with your treatment as it may help you to produce more than one follicle and therefore increase your chances but you must be scanned when on it to ensure you don't over respond and end up with too many follicles!!!
Re: your period, I would advise retesting in 3 days if no af and defiantely not to start clomid till you have had a proper period.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.