Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi do i need to have a period or just had one to have 1st baseline scan? im not sure wot i have to do could someone please help? thanks xx ???

Registered
Hi Louise

Your first scan should be day 21 of your cycle and they check everything ok and that you have ovulated that month.聽 You then start your injections to down reg and will go back about 14 days later by which time you should have had your period if you haven't you can continue on the drugs for abit longer but you can't start your stimming until you have had your period as they need your lining nice and thin.

Have the hospital not explained what happens during your tx.聽 I would get them to explain it all to you so you know what is going on.

Take care

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they sort of have explained it but my consultant messed us around and we had to change consultants. i usually am very regular with my periods but i still haven'tcome on yet, not sure if it could the stress of all the problems we had with our old consultant which only happend last wk. if we dont start treatment now we'll have to wait till august cos thats when my consultant is next doing them. i have an appointment on tuesday to see the nurse for my scan and then to see consultant to prescribe the drugs im not sure wot to do now!! i really want to start i have had all the syptoms hot flushes, cramps in stomach few spots on my face but no blood, i no in the past i had periods that would be a day early or late but not like this! i did a test BFN. im so worried dont no wot to do xx

Registered
You shouldn't be affected.聽 The consultant will prescribe your drugs and then you will get them delivered to home.聽 You won't be starting your try there and then.聽 You will have this period and then start your drugs 21 days from then.聽 Just because you are a little late shouldn't affect things.聽 It happens to us all.聽 I'm regular as clock work but when i'm on tx i am always a little late.聽 It's all new to you so you are bound to be worried i was when we first started but now unfortunately after 4 tx's it's second nature to me now what we do when going through tx.聽 I know it's easier said then done but try and carry on as normal as over the next few weeks it will take over your life so try and keep normality as much as you can.

Premium Member
Just like a kettle waiting to boil a watched AF never materializes on time!! Don't panic, don't change what you normally do. Try to relax, it will get here.
Only after AF can then see if your lining is thin enough to start, every scan after that they will be looking to check that it is thickening nicely (as well as checking for follicles).
All the best for this cycle!
Lizi.xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for ur advice, i rang my clinic today and the nurse said i dont need to have a period to go for the scan its just to check how everything is. i then see my consultant to prescribe my drugs apparently start on the pill?? not sure y think maybe they will make me have a period

1 - 6 of 6 Posts