Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post this last night but was just too bloomin knackered  ::)

My day yesterday was just one thing after another and I was just waiting for someone with a tv camera to appear. A brief summary:

1. Before breakfast decided to put a load on the washing line. Let H & L come out in the garden whilst I did it (stil in pj's). L decides to have a go on H's space hoper and prompty goes flying into the wet mud and is covered from head to toe  ;D

2. H said he was going upstairs for a wee. Five mins later I hear all this banging. Pop upstairs to see H has stripped absolutely everything from his double bed and was using it as a huge trampoline  :p

3. I put L down for a sleep and decided H and I could play in the garden. On trying to reach the sun cream out of a high cupboard in the kitchen I knocked a full, huge size bottle of gavison out of the cupboard which then smashed to a billion peices all around the kitchen, out into the hall and out the other door into utility  ::)

4. I left R is his chair in the lounge whilst giving H & L their lunch. He suddenly started crying so I went to bring him into the dining room. I felt something wet on my arm and reaslied he had poo running down his leg and dripping all over the carpet  ;D

5. After leaving H & L at the table to go and clear up Rory everthing went rather quiet. On leaving the lounge and heading for the dinning room something catches my eye. Every couple of seconds a pea, carrot or peice of sweet corn would appear on the hall carpet (the little monkey's were taking it in turns to throw a peice each out of the door)

6. Eventually managed to get everyone out to H's football lesson. Little did I know that some of R's poo had also dripped onto my top until a friend pointed it out (very embarrassing in front of the two rather dishy football instructors  ;D). At the end of the lesson whilst I was putting my blanket away and putting R in his chair - H and L decided run as far away as possible accross the sports centre playing field.

7. Back home, all in the garden again, both boys have an ice lolly - L decides to put his down wherever he can and then keep picking it up and eating it, mud the lot! They then both decide to dig all the mud out of the flower pots and dump it everywhere!

8. Henry decides it's too hot so removes his shorts and pants and refuses to have them back on - bit of a flasher my Henry  ;D

9. The on giving Rory his milk later in the afternoon, H & L decide what a great climbing frame mummy makes and kept climbing all over me and sitting on my shoulders.

....and so the day goes on but I won't bore you with anymore

So, do share, others must have days like this  ;D

S xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
;D ;D  You gotta laugh, haven't you?!  Yes, i have days like this all the time - quite frankly i'm more surprised now when i don't!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hmm sounds like my days too!

We had the full toddler tantrum the other day, throwing himself on the floor & kicking his legs - had to try very hard not to laugh tho ;D

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
professor waffle said:
Hmm sounds like my days too!

We had the full toddler tantrum the other day, throwing himself on the floor & kicking his legs - had to try very hard not to laugh tho ;D
I find that if i point and laugh when we get the toddler tantrum, she gets quite confused and gets up fairly quickly and stops yelling! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Hmm might try that next time then :eek:

He's paddied before but never done the throwing himself to the floor! But I keep being told three's are even worse :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
god help me - mollie isn't even 18 months yet!!

We were in John lewis a few months ago, and she threw herself to the floor (she goes really stiff to the point that if you tried to pick her up by her ankles, she would stay stuck completely straight out!!! ;D) so me and dh stood chatting to a coule of sales assistants just kept looking over and laughing at her, and in the end she just stood up, dusted herself off and toddled off to look at things on the shelves, looking very confused indeed!!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
OMG shelley, if I was you I'd be a size 8 by now - do you ever have time for a rest or something to eat?!

The other night L woke up at 4am crying in his bed and I was so tired, I thought I'd pick him up and put him in bed with us.  Anyway, he was lying down so I picked him up (with my eyes fairly shut) and it wasnt until I held him close for a cuddle on the way to our room that I realised his knees were in my face!!  Poor little man was totally upside down and I hadn't noticed!!  Now that's tired!  He stopped crying though.... :p

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chillidog said:
OMG shelley, if I was you I'd be a size 8 by now - do you ever have time for a rest or something to eat?!
I wish!!!! and uh nope - I never sit down ;D

chillidog said:
and it wasnt until I held him close for a cuddle on the way to our room that I realised his knees were in my face!! Poor little man was totally upside down and I hadn't noticed!! Now that's tired! He stopped crying though.... :p
OMG I just nearly wet myself ^roflmao^ poor little man

Sally - i'm so with you on the laughing at tantrums - Lucas is so funny when he has one you just can't help yourself

I managed another classic today.....walked over to Tesco with my scabby apron still on from cooking a bolognaise, didn't bat an eye lid until I was home again and went to the loo and had to lift it up out the way and then suddenly had that embarrassed sinking feeling ;D

S xxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
OMG shelley you read my mind!!
I couldn't get online yesterday so didn't know you'd posted this - and just came on line tonight to tell you all about my day -was going to post on supermummy but then saw your list of calamities and thought that's exactly how my day felt...... I have to say it wasn't that funny at the time..........

And yes, I'm still awake  ::)

Oh, my day starts with no sleep since 3am....

1. We're playing in M's room - all very nicely and then suddenly his 'wind mummy up chip' is activated and he decides to fling his toy drumkit down the stairs - I manage to catch all but the cymbal and stool before they crash down the stairs - and wake S up who was just beginning to slumber in her bouncy chair downstairs.

2. we go downstairs and try to put a wash on, I try to get M to help me as a diversion - he stuffs everything in and I decide half of it has to come out and form another load. M annoyed at me undoing his handywork so goes on next frenzy of throwing toys around.

3. I go back to the washing machine and try to get the load going. S wakes up and has done a huge poo up her back at which point I also realise M has done a big stinker too and what's more he's fiddling around inside his nappy - and brings his finger out covered in poo.  M wants to go outside and play in the garden so is not at all inclined to hang around waiting for a change, so have to take my opportunity before he's lost to the garden forever, and change his nappy first while S screams the house down.

4. Feed S, M comes in and whacks her on the head with a piece of lego - leaving a mark, good timing for the HV coming this afternoon  :eek:  I send him to his room which I have discovered he hates me doing - hurrah I have found a weapon finally

5. M grabs the microwave steriliser off the kitchen surface and spills water all over the floor - I wipe it up M says "whatcha doing mummy?" about 20 times aaaaaaaaaargh

6. I phone HV at doctor's surgery as I can't remember for the life of me when she's coming over.  Get receptionist who says call back at lunchtime.  I call at lunchtime and get answer machine saying surgery is closed for lunch!!  ::)

7. Eventually get hold of HV, she's due at 2.45 - I need to get children out for walk or I will do my nut.  Sadie needs another feed and change, M needs another change, it's fast approaching 2pm and we're still not out of the house.  Rush to get M a cup of milk to take with him, as I'm reaching for the lid, I catch the cup on the laundry basket full of clean clothes and spill milk everywhere and we don't get out of the house til 2.  M burbles incessantly on our walk and finally falls asleep 10 mins before home, having sent me on a wild detour to get him to drop off...... my ankle's killing me, HV waiting on my doorstep, she got there early  ::)

8. Do my 6 week questionnaire with the HV - she says, so how often do you feel like crying? errrrr daily

9. Nice cuddle with M on the sofa after he wakes up from pushchair nap.  /s is nearly asleep - hurrah!  M's chip is activated again and he decides to shout in her face - it wakes her up   :mad: He then decides to have a bounce in S's bouncy chair - this squashes it til it's nearly flat on the floor - back in kitchen we continue the chaos and mayhem and end up having a row over some cotton wool - yes, a row over cotton wool, I am arguing with a 2 year old about it  ;D

10. back out into the garden - I'm congratulating myself at multi tasking and I've actually cooked his pasta early so it's ready in advance - ooh, clever me.  S strapped in the carrier as she won't settle without being carried.  I finally hang the washing out even though the sun is actually going down and has left that side of the garden. 
M now digging soil out of large flower pot and distributing it all over patio.  Show him that he can dig in flwoer bed instead.    wish I hadn't, he finds stones in the flower bed, which he throws.  I say no, he throws another.  and another, so then no more playing in the garden. He just says "can I have my pasta now?"  :eek:

11. Bathtime going a little more smoothly, due to S finally falling asleep in bouncy chair...... stories OK, then M decides to bite my arm - what the !%*&?!   He is summarily put into cot and thankfully, he still goes to sleep despite being angry with me. 

Phew, time to bath S and get her off to sleep before friend arrives with chocolate.  Well, you'd think so. but she's only just gone off to sleep.

12. DP texts me - he's been at a football match.  His train's stuck so I can't just go to bed and leave S downstairs where she is crashed out in her bouncy chair.  I eat all the chocolate so I have no chance of fitting into my wedding dress in 3 months time

I can barely see screen I'm so tired so I post my day of amusement only to lose my network connection.......er, no, I'm cutting and pasting this one  ;D

Claire x

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
OMG Claire -  ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

You are super mummy!!!

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Claire & Shelley it sounds like you need one of these ^hugme^ & a prescription for valium!

OMG!!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Ok so i want another baby eventually - but you ladies have just confirmed my suspicions and thoughts of what it would be like too have two so close together ;D

I think i will DEFINATLY be waiting a while..... Having one is manageable.......... Having two... i Dread too think.... and Shelley - 3 !!!!! OMG !!!

All good fun tho my ladies, just think of the alternative, a cleanspotless home, so quite and boring :( ..... You wouldnt change it for the world really would you ;)

Sweetcheeks & Drew xxx

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
hmmm not sure if laughing at tantrums is working... did it today to no effect at all infact I think he was laughing at me in the end....!

Sweetcheeks - im with you on that one!  I love all the toys in the lounge, it distracts the eye from the actual mess!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
OMG Shelly and Claire! At last you make me feel normal. You want to hear a typical day for me?

Usually woken at 7.30am by being smothered with Emily's teddy and Sammi biting my toes. We then have trampolining all over me and DH until we get out of bed.

Breakfast - Sammi helps himself to cereal usually by emptying an entire packet over the kitchen floor, which he then tries to feed to the cats. Emily demands a boiled egg just so she can smash it to pieces without actually eating any of it.

They both want to dress themselves and choose their clothes, S quite keen on E's dresses which is a slight worry! Tantrums if I dont let him put it on.

Left to their own devices I find about 10 DVDs stuffed into the video and half the videos with the tape pulled out.

Have to keep the bathroom door locked because my shoes usually disappear down the toilet, found DH's mobile in there yesterday and miraculously it still works!

S is obsessed with cleaning, he can get the hoover out, empty the contents of the bag and then try to hoover it all up without plugging it in.

Emily uses a whole packet of baby wipes if she wants to blow her nose.
She's also a bit of an artist and managed to find a permanent DVD marker pen and drew all over the wall - which I've now scrubbed to oblivion and gone through about 4 layers of paint.

On to paint...last week while I thought they were sound asleep in bed, S had dragged the changing table over to the wardrobe, climbed up to reach the top shelf and managed get down all the finger paints and playdough. 2am in the morning and I hear shrieks of laughter, the little "£%$&" had painted themselves, the curtains, walls, duvets. And there was bits of playdough stuck in their hair. (At this point I just cried.)

Now the really disgusting bit - S has decided he doesn't like sitting in a dirty nappy. Oh no, far better to take it off and fling it at the wall above Emily's bed and let her cry 'mummeeee, stinky poo poo EVERYWHERE!'.

I give up, I really do. Roll on September and NURSERY SCHOOL!!!!!

Nicky xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Nicky lovely to hear from you

I'm sorry I did have to laugh at the paint and playdoh episode  ;D

I am in awe about the rest - I don't know how anyone copes with twins especially not at this age!

Claire x

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Claire - admittedly that didn't all happen in one day! But we do usually get through 1 or 2 'catastrophes' a day!!!

Bottle of wine before bed works wonders!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You should print that off and keep it and give it to them when they are 16, they will find it so funny!  My SS loves to be reminded of what he did as a young child - mainly the naughty things! 

1 - 18 of 18 Posts