Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondered if any of you are into crafts and make your own handmade cards? Thats what I have been doing this past 2 years to take my mind off things,...
looking to find any buddies that enjoy the same thing, perhaps we can share any tips and tecqniques, or do a lil crafty swap sometime :)

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
We were going to get the £37.95 off ebay as its a good deal.
then we found 1 at the NEC craft show with 2 free dies included so with the free dies an no postage  it worked out about the same as the 1 on ebay.
so we were quite lucky
our local craft shop sells them for £80 thats just the machine  :eek: :eek: thats a rip off
thanks so much for the ebay link......I know where Im getting my dies from now  ;D ;D
Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hello
have fun making up your boxes  ^afro^
I also have some of the quickutz so I can cut some of those for you...no probs
when your not so busy we can do a list of all our dies an then I can make some cut outs for you
have a great time in Manchester
luv Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
hello
thanks for the list...you have some nice dies
here is my list  :)

sizzix large
elephant
brontosaurus
jelly frame
house and tree

sizzix medium
gifts...i think the same as yours set of 2
butterfly
ballons... set of 2

sizzix small
double heart
flowers...2 flowers and leaf

quickutz dies
sheep
stork and bundle
nappy pin
baby bottle
baby rattle
football
butterfly
teddy bear
2 different baby outfits
2 girls dresses
some of the quickuts are made up from more than 1 piece so you have to stick them 2gether  :) :) :) can be a bit of a pain but look cute when finished
chat soon
luv sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi,
I make and sellcards, scrapbooks, minibooks, wooden angels,tooth fairy boxes and wedding stationery and gifts...I love it all.....
Sam

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hiya,

I've been thinking of handmaking cards for ages now .... anyway, was in WH smiths today, and really got into a magazine I was browsing through ~ can't remember the name, but it was a card craft magazine.  :) 

Its my birthday at the end of the month, and I've finally decided to get off my bum and ask for some card making tools! 

Can any of you recommend any websites/shops/etc?   

I'm hoping to start with Christmas cards and then go on to Birthdays etc.

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Marielou said:
Hiya,

I've been thinking of handmaking cards for ages now .... anyway, was in WH smiths today, and really got into a magazine I was browsing through ~ can't remember the name, but it was a card craft magazine. :)

Its my birthday at the end of the month, and I've finally decided to get off my bum and ask for some card making tools!

Can any of you recommend any websites/shops/etc?

I'm hoping to start with Christmas cards and then go on to Birthdays etc.

Marie xx
HobbyCraft is a great shop for bits - they are opening up supersotres all round, so keep your eyes peeled :)
http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Marielou....you could try http://www.craftcreations.co.uk :)

I get card blanks from them but they do lots of other stuff too.....have fun,

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Thanks so much Tony and Lizzy ~

I've decided to drag Mark to Hobbycraft tomorrow  ;D as I did spend a lot of today looking at deals for the X box 360  ::)  my revenge!!

I'm going to check out the craft creations site now ~ Thanks for the quick replies!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I thought you were coming to the Knutsford meet tomorrow ;(

Have fun dragging Mark to the shops tomorrow !!

Tashja xx

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey, I make cards too - have always made my own cards really, but have only just got into it really this year.

Marie

The craft sites I use are www.craftsulove.co.uk

http://www.card-inspirations.co.uk/shop.htm

http://www.eclipseexpress.co.uk/shop/

Some of my very early creations are on this page

http://www.eclipsecardcraft.co.uk/card%20gallery/readers_gallery/readersarchive17.htm (wedding cards about halfway down that page)

www.getcrafty.co.uk

I think my favourite card to date is on here:

http://www.getcrafty.co.uk/gallery/valentine_cards

(Purple sparkly one with the wedding cake)

Those Mulberry flowers are from http://www.themulberry-bush.com

I'd love to swap hints and tips with people - for example, I am hopeless at rubber stamping!

Also, I currently have about 200 cards, 70 of which are Xmas ones and I'd love to sell them - I'm trying to find out about schook fairs, but does anyone else have any ideas of where I could sell them? Anyone had any luck with selling over the internet?

Love Laura xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I've relly just got into card making.  MY mum has been doing it for a couple of years bt since about Aug i've got into it myself and got some equipent. i'd love to hear other peoples ideas etc

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I am on E-bay now looking as I have decided I have no hobbies :(

Any hints as to what I need and what can wait !??

Tashja xx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh yes I do love making cards!!! Also any chance you could help with post about Guest books???
I have been making cards for about 18 months or so now, its great and so nice that people appreciate them so much!!!
xx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi there

I make cards and have done for nearly 2 years.  I am absolutely addicted to it!  I work full time, but card making takes up most of my spare time (when I am not TTC!)

I sell a lot to work colleagues, family and friends and my vet and hairdressers also sell them for me.  I have sold about 2500 now.

Do you do it as a hobby, or to make a bit of cash?  What is your 'thing'?  I have recently started experimenting with a heat gun and embossing powders, but up until then it was mainly toppers and funky foam.

It would be good to hear from you.

Kathy x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Hello,

I have only recently started making cards, and I'm very much a novice!

I hope this does not offend, and should warn you baby mentioned from here on:

I am hoping to either make, or pay someone to make, some hand~made birth announcements for me.  :)  I've done a google search, and found some lovely sites, but most peole do a normal insert, and I wanted a special poem putting in, as well as the usual 'Name, weight, sex' etc.    The problem with making them myself is that as I will not be finding out the sex, it will be a lot of work when I think I will already have my hands full!  I don't mind having a neutral theme, and I was wondering if there was some good websites around with good ideas, or magazines even.    Or if anyone knows of a good website where they handmake cards, that would be fab.  :)

Marie xx

G

·
Hi

I make all types of handmade cards - stamping, iris folding, decoupage etc.  Also enjoy cross stitching.

Found two local shops near me which also offer mail order.

www.pullingontheglitz.co.uk

www.kookykards.com

There is also a shop in Tiptree (famous for jam)  called the cheap shop - it is an a crafters heaven.

Love to share ideas with everyone

Lindsey
x ^fairydust^

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Hi

Iv just recently taken up card making and am really enjoying it. I went ot hobbycraft on wednesday and bought a load of stuff!  I also want to get into scrapbooking myy friend does it and they look lovley.  thougght i would start with my gorgeous dog who we got last year.

xxx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.