Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies

I just wondered if you can see movements before you feel them.  I was in the shower this morning looking at my tummy and I saw several short, sharp wave like movements near my belly button.

Am I seeing things or could this be baby moving around?  I haven't felt anything so far that I would imagine to be movement.

Thanks  :-*

Tottie x

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Sorry I can't help on this one Tottie but interestingly DH reckons he can feel very subtle movement with his hand on my belly when I can't!? (Although I am getting very subtle flutters at other times.)  I'm inclined to think he's just talking B  ::) but will be intersted to see what answers you get!

:-*

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Tottie,

I can't say I saw anything before I felt it in any of my pg, but that's not to say it's not possible.

If your baby is moving enough to make your tummy move then I would have thought you'd be able to feel it. If your placenta is in the way though that could cushion anything you might feel but to be honest at your gestation you'll only likely feel little flicks, pops, bubbles etc rather big movements which make your tummy move.

Also, on average, the top of your uterus is level with your belly button at around 20 weeks.

It could be though, you never know and it won't be long until you feel your baby moving for sure and then you'll know for sure  :)

S xxxx

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha Ja5ey!  ;D Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part!  I could have sworn my eyes weren't deceiving me  but I also think it might be a little bit early for me to be feeling/seeing anything.

Thanks for replying and happy pregnancy.
Tottie x

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shelley

Thanks for replying too. I have felt tiny little bubbles in my tummy but I think you are right - maybe it was just the water falling on my tummy which I mistook for some kind of movement.  I can't wait to feel regular movement.

Thanks for replying and congratulations on your boys - they look gorgeous.

Tottie xx

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Hey sweetie, sometimes my belly moves but i know it's my nerves making it twitch  ;) Although i saw the midwife yesterday and she did say my uterus has reached my belly button already so it is possible?!?!

Sam xxx

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sam I get that too.  I am feeling movements and quickly put my hand on my belly to see if I can feel it. Although I can feel movement inside i can feel nothing with my hand - if that makes sense. I had midwife the other day too and my uterus is two finger widths below belly button - must be because its not our first :-\

Tottie - wont be long and it will be happening for sure.

DH cant wait to feel the kicks!

xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I cant say i saw movements untill about 25 weeks for me, thats not to say its not possible. Just wait till you've got an elbow or a food sticking out from your belly, quite amazing to watch.

In the last 10 weeks L was a proper wiggler  ;D and my belly would move like the clappers  ;D

Nikki xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts