Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After what period of time do doctors generally send you for further investigations?  We have been trying for two years with no success - initial tests were carried out after 1 year of trying and both mine and my husbands came back with no problems.  We have a doctors appointment on Friday afternoon and I will be devastated if we have to wait any longer to be referred for further tests...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Its usually 2 years from initiall ttc to refferral , i would ask your GP about this xx

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi

Different doctors do things differently - largely depending on your age - the older you are the sooner they will refer you. But I'm sure your Dr wil refer you. 2 years of ttc is long enough to wait.

Good luck with your appointment on friday.

Rach. x

·
Registered
366 Posts
Our doctor referred us to our NHS clinic after a year of ttc as this was policy.  Because of my history (endometriosis)he did send me for an ultrasound after 6 months and carried out day 21 tests.  Different health authorities have different criteria but I can't imagine they would not refer you now - if he wont I would ask why not, also you could contact your local trust and ask them what their criteria are.

Fitouxx

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi,

I was referred after 1 year from coming off the pill as I wasn't haven't any periods at all. But my doctor said it is usually 2 years and sometimes 1 year if you are over 30. Hope this helps and good luck with the appointment.

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
its def worth having your progesterone checked to cfm ovulation.  reason i say this is that after 1 year of ttc we went to docs, had sperm and my tests done, DH has azoospermia, so we were referred to hospital who did all sorts of tests, then referred to clinic for tx, 2 failed DI's as i was not ovulating therefore a wasted thousand pounds!

Good luck for your appt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.