Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am just wondering if a FET BFP would take longer to show than on a fresh cycle? It was just one of the girls mentioned in the 2ww board and I was just wondering if this was true as I got a BFN on day 13 (today) but my OTD isn't until day 17 which is saturday!!

sarah x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

There shouldn't be any difference between a FET and a fresh cycle regards how quickly shows on hpt.

It really depends on when the embryo implants and whether its released enough HCG hormone to show up on an hpt...would be same with fresh and frozen cycle.  Both our FETs resulted in chemical pregnancies and I got +ves on 14dp3dt....mine were natural FETs and the embryos were put back around cd18 of a natural cycle (with ovulation on cd14/15 according to all the scans I had).

When you say you've tested on day 13, do you mean 13 days after transfer or 13 days from ovulation ?  I would honestly wait to test until your official test day as the reason your clinic has given this is to ensure a far more accurate result....anything can happen in 4 days....if you've had late implantation then there may not be enough hormone released to show up on hpt just yet.

Hang in there.

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is day 13 past ET !! thanks sorry I'm posting so many questions I'm just trying to hold on to that little bit of hope!!

sarah x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
I'd still try to hold off testing for a few days....you just never know !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi

Just to say I tested on day 14 (as recommended by the clinic) and it read BFN - as no bleed had started I re-tested on day 16 and got a BFP  :) - now 26 weeks pregnant.  I had a late implanter so anything could happen.

Good luck with everything. xx

Nacknick. xx

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Nacknick xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Saze  :-*

A girl on my thread got a bfn on otd and a bfp later on!  As Minxy suggests, would hold off a few more days and retest  :-* 

Everything crossed for you  :-*

Loujx  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts