Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help!!
I have PCOS but I ovulate and get AF like clockwork. Still not preg though!
My consultant has put me on metformin as he says it improves the 'stickiness' of the endo layer, thus improving chance of implantation. Has anyone heard of this?
Reading through all your postings it seems that it is just used for anovulation.
Please help me!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I know how you feel, you will be pleased to know however that apparently 20% of PCOS sufferers ovulate normally.

I am one of them!  I never suspected havibng PCOS because of this but metformin works wonders. 

I am overweight and just taking the medication a & extra excercise has helped me conceive!

Hope you will soon too!

x

·
Registered
622 Posts
hi,

I had blood tests last yr which showed when i went to consultant in march this yr i was not ovulating, those tests are now 1 yr old I have lost some weight and go only once a week to gym but am fitter than I have been in yrs, it all helps.
I still have my periods which are now 35 days apart so much better although still painful, will find out on wednesday if I am ovulating again as have had blood test recently under new hospital and hopefully can start looking into IVF treatment, unfortunately for me even if I am ovulating I cannot conceive naturally due to other complications.
I was given Metformin and was told that along with loosing weight it should help me ovulate, you hear so many different things from others it is best to be absolutely sure why your consultant wants you to take medication.

Mel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! I'm not overweight but have lost a little since taking metformin. Maybe this will make a difference?

Choogal
xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mel,

Hope the results on wednesday go well!  I not only have pcos but also one blocked fallopian tube!  Makes me scream sometimes!

Choogal have a look at various web sites to be honest people that are ovulating really just have to control the insulin levels - you will find that most people see a difference within 6 months.

Take care guys

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi....

I know I have ovulated in the past and my GP has also told me that I do, although how he knows I do not know!  However, I did inspect for signs this month and I don't think I did ovulate this month.  I guess it's a bit hit and miss.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Snap lickle mooki, I have 1 tube which is blocked too, the other is missing due to ectopic, sometimes you feel like its just not raining but pouring eh, still i look to positives and things will work and happen one day

take care

Mel xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi There

I ovulate on day 14 and have a 28 day cycle, in fact can get pregnant at the drop off a hat, BUT at 6 weeks I MC (4 now). Apparently there is slight imbalance that means the eggs are released but are immature, they get fertilised but are not strong enough to continue pregnancy.
Clomid is the answer apparently (heres hoping), it will give me that boost si the eggs grow stronger

Good Luck

Dawn xxx

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey lickle mooki,

went back to hosp on wednesday and was told can go for IVF next month (2 weeks away yipppeeee) but i need to have remainder of left tube removed (part removed for ectopic preg) Trans scan showed tube is swollen and have discharge which could affect the IVF, so have decided to have removed just means i now have to go back to GP for referral to nhs hospital for removal then back to Barts on fast track as I am all ready for IVF.

Excited but still sad have to wait, but I want it to work so patience is going to have to be my strong point

Take care girls

Mel (sweetie) xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Mel

Just wanted to say good luck, I am sure it will come round sooner than you think. Just plan you time before so that you are occupied, holiday, nights out with the girls !! etc, this will give you other things to focus on.

Been waiting three months for clomid, should start next week, fingers crossed.

Lets all give each other a big  ^Cuddle^

And cross all fingers and toes

Take Care

Dawn xxx

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Dawn

doing my best to keep occupied, my problem is I am too impatient, still going to Las Vegas in November fingers crossed and as we are engaged hopefully we are going to get married, which means I have 7 weeks to find a reasonably priced and suitable wedding dress eek, and need to loose a few pounds......

Mel xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts