Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know anything about having a split ivf and icsi i am starting out on the ivf route but they may have to convert to icsi at the end if things dont go as they should, does anyone know at what stage they would convert to icsi and if it is ok to do it this way really should have asked my clinic but you always think of something after
                    luv sharon ???

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Hi Sharon
We were told the same thing about our 1st cycle they decided on the day of EC. They said they would check dh sperm sample on the day and if it was ok we could have IVF if not they would go ahead with ICSI.
Good luck
                              Sarah xxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
aggy the procedure you go through will be the same whether you have icsi or ivf the stage it should be decided if they are going to do icsi is after they have checked dh/dp's sample on the day of egg collection. my dh had 1 bad sample so we had to sign all the permission forms for icsi but on the day of egg collection everything was fine and we went ahead with ivf. hope this has helped, good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hope this will help:

We went two 2 clinics. The first told us that we had to have ICSI and we had no chance of conceiving naturally or IVF. We had it book and 1 month before I fell pregnant naturally! Unfortunately I misscarried at 3 months.

We are now going for our second IVF with our Frozen embies. Again at the beginning we were told that ICSI would be a very high possibility but when eggs were removed and fertilization took place!

Try not to get too stressed I know its hard but you never know DH spermies might surprise you and the experts on the day!

My DH prepared 1 week before sperm collection: he quit smoking, ate healthily and excercised! Not sure if this helped but I personally am convinced its a small sacrifice compared to what we have to endure!

Good Luck Babe! Sending you lots of baby dust

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.