Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering if endo affects the reliability of ovulation predictor tests ?  I know it can produce it's own estrogen ?

I have started using one, yesterday (day 12) as I have endo/adhesions. Although, have had two laps this year to clear it all. I have a regular 28/29 day cycle.

Any advice?

Are they very reliable anyway or do they not work for some ladies ?
So far havent seen 2 blue lines ?
Thanks  Jo

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Jo,

I'm not sure of the answer to your question but I also suffer with endo and I know I could never get the ovulation sticks to work for me.  I know I was ovulating properly as I had tests afterwards that showed I was.  I wonder if endo does have anything to do with the effectiveness of them. I also had my 2nd lap in March of this year which showed I had adhesions and this was after I had tried using the ovulation sticks.

Probably hasn't shed any light on your question but I wonder if it is more than just coincidence??

Wishing you the best of luck!
Petlamb x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Endo shouldn't affect opk as they are testing for LH rather than oestrogen but best to check with your centre. With a 28/29 day cycle wouldn't expect to see 2 lines until day 13 or 14.

Ruth

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks PetLamb.

Thanks Ruth too  :)    I have actually just realised that my cycle is a 27 day one! Very embarrassing, but I only just found out that you count the DAY BEFORE your next bleed as the last day and not the actual day you bleed (obvious really as its Day 1, again).  I've thought I had a 28 day cycle since I was 15 !!  :-[
So I spose I should ovulate about days 11/12 ? I used to get pain then, but seems to have gone, which is a tad worrying!
Glad endo doesnt affect the test tho.  Thanks for your advice.  Jo x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts