Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me how (or if) their IUI response to stimming, had any similarities to how they have responded at IVF? For example, if you were on 50iu Gonal F and 0.3 Buserelin and you got two leading follicles, have you then gone on to have more follicles and mature eggs with a high dose of Gonal F on short protocol? Or has there been very little difference between low and high doses on a short protocol?

I'm just wondering whether you can guesstimate how well you might respond, or is that the million dollar question?  ;D

x

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would say you can tell.  Before my funded cycle we were offered an iui to see how I responded.  I was sp on supracur and 75 mmenopur.  I had too many follies for reduction so we converted to ivf and had icsi on the day.  Dose was increased to 150 for tge last few days. Ended up with about 13 eggs and a dd who is 4 today.  Tried last year for a sibling. Gave new clinic a copy of my notes.  Had ohss last time after transfer so lp  150 menopur.  Sane number of follies at first scan, a few extra at end, same number fertilised, same at day 3 and two 5 day blasts put back but neither took. Going to be trying for the last time soon.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi talking frog,

Thank you for letting me know hat your experience was and congratulations on DD number 1, fingers crossed for a number 2 soon!

I haven't had my AMH tested but my FSH jumps around from about 6 up to 13 and so I've been wondering how I might respond to my IVf drugs. I'm being put on SP with high dose Gonal F (not sure how much exactly yet). At IUI I responded OK (on 50iu Gonal F) but nothing spectacular, I think I had two follies over 16mm and about 8 smaller ones. I seemed to be a slow starter though as at my first scan I only had about 5 follies and a 12mm lining.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing with me your results and good luck on your next cycle x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts