Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

I didnt do this with DD and ended up tearing and getting 2nd degree tears hence stitches.  Want to avoid it this time so was wondering if there are any mums out there who actually massaged their bits and had a tear free birth:

1. when did you start?
2. what did u use.....no not DP/DHs hand , I mean substance e.g olive oil  ;D :) :-[
3. how long did u do it for?
4. do you think it actually helped?

thx for answering, want to do it this time if it does work!  :)

thx
x

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Hi Amee

I did and I didn't tear. Not sure if it was that or a brill m/w but hey its worth a go!!!!

I used some herbal oil, sorry can't remember!

I used it a few months before and for as long as I could reach!!

Good luck  ;)

Jacks x

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx Jacks...may give it a go this time as fancy a water birth and dont want to have to jump out for a local down under again!  ::)
x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I also did and didn't. However I did have an internal tear but the perineum stayed intact! I used olive oil and started at about 32 weeks. I did it once a day at night but did forget some evenings

Good luck xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Hi Amee,

I didn't massage and I tore but that was probably more because I didn't have a mw with me when I got the urge to push, just DH going 'Oh F**K'!!!  ;D ;D

But, with the waterbirth (I had one) you still have to 'jump out' as you don't deliver the placenta in the water.  ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I didnt do the massage on my first two births (22yrs & 20 years ago!!) and tore on both, with loads of stitches. But when I gave birth to Alfie last year, NO stitches, just had a slight graze, I started massaging around 32/34 weeks, I used vit E oil from Bodyshop. I'd recommend doing it.

elaine x

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
OK, so how do you do it?!?

I know that must sound an odd question, but do you literally rub oil in for a few moments?

I tore with DD (really badly) and would love to avoid it this time!

·
Registered
878 Posts
bit crude, but basically insert thumb (covered in the oil) and press backwards towards your bum, hold pressure down for a while, feels a bit weird, and numb,  and then I done the same towards the front.

When you do give birth, try to push slowly, was so glad I did,

good luck

Elaine x

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx for the replies, will give it a go from 30+ weeks then... :)  after finding some nice oil! :)  need to get that technique right, its not one that u can ask your mates to show u!  ;D :-[

Axxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
There was a thread about this a year or so ago in the Voting Room - http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=95798.msg1344273#msg1344273..............made me chuckle reading it again!!

Also, I know the link is in that thread already, but here's 'how to do it' - http://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/tri3/qas/0,,13_157571,00.html

Chux xx

[red]This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites[/red]

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
WHAT!!!! - Insert my thumb where?!?!? Oh God, I don't think I can do it. I feel queezy at the thought of it  :eek:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tried to imagine how I can reach there with both thumbs, but something tells me its not gonna happen!  :eek:  cant even reach to epilate near lady garden anymore!  :-[ 

1 - 13 of 13 Posts