Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

My DS is 8.5mths old and I've breastfed him from day 1 :)
I have 2 questions....
At the moment he's down to 3 feeds a day. I back to work in Jan. He'll happily take milk/drink for a bottle & beaker. However I noticed that whether he has 3 feeds or say 5 feeds a day...or even go from 7-7...i never really feel 'engorged'.....am i slowing down...and with that in mind....my next question...

Last night he woke up lots every couple of hrs....not really like him....he is poorly....teething and bad cold...normally we'd settle him with either water, hugs etc or capol....but last night nothing worked only boob...thinking he'd just comfort suck for a bit i offered it to him....he took a full feed twice...at 11pm and 4am....i haven't had to do that for months!....do babies have a growth spurt at this age?...or is it because that perhaps my milk supply is slowing up and he's just not getting the quantity he wants

Many thanks
x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I would say the night waking/feeding are due to him not being 100% as opposed to your supply - at this point your supply will be so well established that you'll virtually produce on demand. I exclusively BF ds2 until he turned one but around 7/8 months I realised I had stopped leaking completely and wouldn't ever feel full, but ds2 fed quite happily.

Chux xx

·
Registered
999 Posts
I agree with Chux.  It doesn't sound like your supply is reducing.  Your LO wouldn't have been able to have a full feed those two times if you had no milk.  Kara recently had a cold and also started requesting 'bubbah' more, in fact she fed a much as she did before she started eating food!  So it sounds normal to me.

I too have noticed that I don't feel 'full' if Kara misses feeds, but as Chux said, our bodies make it to order (so to speak!)  Sounds like you're both doing fine to me!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for yer replies....it's good to put the mind at rest. It's funny...breastfeeding is going really well and everything....but I often wonder when the time does come for us to stop...think I'll miss it more than DS....little did I think that when I started I'd be saying that!

xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.