Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, 

I hope you don't mind me contacting you, but I am at my wits end.

My daughter is only just over 2 weeks old and although not diagnosed with reflux I am suspecting she has it.

After feeding, usually within a minute, she cries, goes stiff, sort of sticks her neck out (a bit like ET) and then throws up.  When she is sick there is lots of mucous in it and it seems like she has thrown up all her feed.   Sometimes the quantities of sick and mucous are vast. She then wants to feed again and the whole process is repeated.

I discovered only yesterday that if I gave her a dummy after a feed, the sickness did seem to lessen or stop.  I wondered if you knew why this could be?

My Health Visitor is due to call on Tuesday but I am unsure whether she can prescribe anything for her or whether a GP is the only person who can prescribe say something like Infant Gaviscon?  I wondered if you knew.

She was born via c-section and did bring up some mucous after her birth, which the midwives told me was normal.  Also she did have a cold and still has the remnants of it - slightly green gunk coming from her nose, although this has eased off in the last day.  She is being breastfed at the moment with nipple shields due to mild tongue tie.

Oh and although it happens any time night or day, she always seems worse at night. I am unsure whether it is because I am more tired at night  so notice it more.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

A4H

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya

How is your daughter doing?

Jxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts