Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home!!  Happy chatting!

^fairydust^

Tilly
xxxxx

·
Registered
50 Posts
I noticed yesterday that Dogus is now offering a 10 egg guarantee for DE treatment; I found the information on Julies site. This seems very good value. Anyone used this yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Ladies,

Been a member of FF for a while but never really posted. After 2 failed IVF cycles due to immature eggs, DE is my next step. After 3 days of looking at clinics both here in the UK and abroad, we are swaying more to Dogus because of the value and sucess rates. I have been in contact with Julie who seems lovely and am hoping to be able to start in June. Eeeeek I'm feeling excited but very nervous also as there is so much to consider.

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a question thats buzzing around in my fried brain  ^idiot^ . After looking at clinics in UK I read that if you test positive for CMV then you can only receive eggs from a CMV positive Donor. Does anyone know about this? How do you get tested for it?

Kiwicanuck - I also read that they can guarentee 10 eggs. I think thats amazing. How on earth do they know how many eggs someone will produce? If you decide to go with Dogus when will you be going?

Sarah x

·
Registered
50 Posts
chancesare1 said:
Hi all,
Im off in the morning will try and update while im there, still cant sit down due to falling down the stairs oh well hope its all worth it chances
GOOD LUCK :)
Hope you don't find you have too much trouble from the fall for too much longer

mary

·
Registered
50 Posts
fingers crossed33 said:
Kiwicanuck - I also read that they can guarentee 10 eggs. I think thats amazing. How on earth do they know how many eggs someone will produce? If you decide to go with Dogus when will you be going?

Sarah x
Hi Sarah, at this stage I'm going to North in a couple of weeks - I'll never really know if I made the right choice as they both seem very good clinics to me. At the end of the day I have chosen based heavily on the cost of a FET (guess I'm not expecting a bfp first pop) Great ladies on both threads though.

Good luck for your upcoming cycle ^hugme^

kc

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Everyone

Can someone give me the email for Julie and Dr Firdevs rather than Ayshe and Dr Sevket? OR the correct website?
Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hiya everyone

well flying in 4 hours and trying not to stress  ;D  fingers crossed it will be another BFP soon will keep you posted  ^pray^

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello New Home and Hello Ladies

Just returned from my 16 week check-up and all is well.  I heard both babies heartbeats too which was quite an emotional experience  :)

Chances and Lisa - all the very best of luck with the voyages to Dogus  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Fingers - I'm not sure about CMV, it's something that I've not heard of before but I'm sure someone will be able to help you  :)

Speak soon ladies xxx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello there,
I've just made the decision to go to Dogus at the end of April probably around the 20th for DE and donor sperm. Excited and terrified at the same time! I have to go on my own as my husband can't come due to work commitments. Wondered if anyone else was going to be there the same time.
Be good to hear any positive experiences of the clinic too - it's such a hard decision trying to figure out which is the right clinic although I have found Julie very helpful.
x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello ladies

Good luck Chances and Lisa.

Marlowe we're hopefully flying out the 17th April and coming back on the 28th so we get a bit of a holiday while we're there as well. Also, just in case anything goes wrong then we're on the doorstep for treatment rather than trying to explain at our local hospital what we've been up to (although they have been brilliant about us going abroad for treatment and given us so much info and support).

My prescription and schedule arrived last week although when I tried to email it to Fazeley it came bouncing back 4 days later, and it looks quite a dodgy prescription tbh! There's nothing about any scans on the run up to us going out there: did anyone else not have scans before?

Hope everyone 's enjoying the sunshine: it just makes you feel so much better about everything.

xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello there,
I've just made the decision to go to Dogus at the end of April probably around the 20th for DE and donor sperm. Excited and terrified at the same time! I have to go on my own as my husband can't come due to work commitments. Wondered if anyone else was going to be there the same time.
Be good to hear any positive experiences of the clinic too - it's such a hard decision trying to figure out which is the right clinic although I have found Julie very helpful.
x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Marlowe

We're using our own eggs and sperm (despite us being a more mature couple)  so are having bog standard icsi after ssr. I think I'm as excited (if not more) about the holiday side of it than the reason for going! At least it's a bit easier now as I was supposed to be on a field trip with work until the 17th, so was coming home from that, picking up a different rucksack and turning around and then going to Heathrow to fly out, but the field trip has been brought forward by 2 weeks. This makes it so much better as it means I won't be injecting while I'm away with a bunch of students.

Good luck!

xx

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ladies, on average how long did it take for your donor list of possibilities to come through?

Has anyone heard from the ladies out at Dogus yet, as to how they're feeling?  Gosh this is soooo exciting

·
Registered
644 Posts
Good luck Chances.  Have a good feeling and sending  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I go out in May.  So excited.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Carnival - I don't think my donor list took long to come but tbh honest we weren't too specific as to who we wanted on it so I think it may have been quite straightforward for Dogus to put it together  :)

Chances - you are doing brilliantly  :-*

Kateu - my dh had an SSR at Dogus, and it was much better than the one he had here in the UK.  They only went in one 'side', there was hardly any blood and he wasn't in too much pain afterwards.  He was well enough to drive the hire car up through the mountains on the rocky terrain the next day  ::)

XXX

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've got my donor selection.  Now desparately trying to shift some weight, to help the results.  Still going for a tandem cycle, but sorely tempted just to use DE, but I'll see when I get there.

Did anyone have any probs in getting their meds delivered to the UK? And how long did they take to arrive?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello!

I'm going to Dogus mid to end of April too. At the moment it all hinges on when AF arrives (which should be any day now) and then I start taking Yasmin to help regulate my cycle.

I finally received my prescription last week, and after lots of stressing about how, when and how much, the protocol arrived a couple of days later! Now the quest for cheap drugs has begun - I'm taking Menopur and Buserelin - and I am finding the difference between quotes is massive! PM me if you'd like further details, as I don't think I can put up which pharmacies I'm finding cheaper/more expensive.

Nice to find some more Dogus Belles!  ;D

1 - 20 of 776 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.