Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently coming to the end of my 2ww (I test on the 19th) but after a bad bleed from Sunday to yesterday afternoon I have pretty much resigned myself to a negative result.
This is my 2nd IVF cycle, the first having to be abandoned due to poor response. (Actually no follies at all of a decent size!)  This time around I managed 2 mature follies but only one egg.  This went on to mature and cleave and I had ET with no probs.
Like I say though, we are not holding out much hope.  :(
But, with true IVF stioicism, we are looking to the future and have already decided to have at least one more go.

My question is this - In view of my terrible response to stimulation (I have damaged ovaries due to endo cyst removals) would we be advised now to go the route of egg donation?  It is something me and my DH have discussed at length and really feel it would be a better way to go.
Your opinions would be much appreciated.
Ally

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Ally

I cannot help on this but you could try asking this question on the donor board too, if you have not already done so.

Clare

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Egg donation may well be the avenue to go down but only if the both of you are happy with that. Do come over tot he Donor sperm and eggs thread and there are a number of women who are at the same stage as you.

Ruth

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Ally

My personal experience donor egg is the way to go!

I have had 3 failed IVf/ICSI cycles, all of which I have been a poor responder, so much so, my 3rd go I didn't even get to egg transfer, I only had one egg and it didn't fertilise.  My regret is I should have gone for donor egg for my 3rd go.

I am now starting treatment for egg donor in Barcelona I feel really positive as it has been my poor response in the past.

Wishing you luck in what you decide and hoping your dream will come true

Luv

Teen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts