Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A suggestion was made to me yesterday by Caroline for something I had considered a few weeks back after one of the ladies had mentioned possibly feeling uncomfortable posting on the donor boards with pregnancy related stuff now that she had achieved pregnancy, but it had gone out of my mind completely.  Thanks for the reminder Caroline :) 

I know some of you may wish to go onto the Bun in the Oven threads, but you may also wish for a haven in addition to, or solely, to discuss pg which came about via a donor.  Hopefully this can be that place. 

Will do a list in here soon, which I hope will grow and grow. 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Thanks Jayne for creating this thread.  :)

I certainly intend to keep up with the donor sperm thread and don't feel uncomfortable posting there, but it's nice to have somewhere to talk specifically about pregnancy without worrying about being insensitive.  Like Jayne, I hope to see the Precious Cargo group grow and grow!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I'm in the very early stages of my pregnancy - just over 5 weeks - so keeping it secret at the moment (apart from immediate family)  :-X .  So it's great to be able to talk about it on FF.  The next milestone is the first scan, a week tomorrow. 

Hope to hear from some more of you soon (I am going to feel pretty silly for suggesting this thread if I'm the only one on it!  :-[ ),
Caroline xxx

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm now 14 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I think this will be helpful as it's great to know that it's worked for others as well and the emotions that we experience during the pregnancy are more or less normal(if there's such a thing as normal that is!)Must say I think me and dp were extremely lucky as though we'd been having treatment since August last year they only caught me 2 before I ovulated,the 1st time was January and was told womb lining was too thin but they'd inseminate me anyway and obviously it didn't work.
Kept telling dp just 2 days after insemination it hadn't worked and I was right!So feel extremely lucky that 2nd insemiation in February worked!!Still can't beleive I'm pregnant though I'm actually beginning to show already and have had 2 scans so far.When you see your baby/babies for that first time it is just so amazing and every time you see them your amazed at how quickly they've grown.Can't wait till we can find out the sex as that is something we'd both like to know.

Good luck and health to everyone throughout the pregnancies,
Love Clare

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Good thread Jayne

Its really interesting to read others posts and pick up some tips as hopefully we will all be on here soon!!

Claire and Caroline - enjoy your pregnancies!!! 

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing Alex, the thread is here for people to read if they choose too, or to avoid if it's too painful for them.  Anyone can post wherever they like, but this just provides that extra space to discuss pg stuff that someone may not feel comfortable putting on the donor threads. 

Really looking forward to watch the thread grow and grow  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Girls

Thanks for this thread Jayne  :)

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant with a little boy  :) :) :)

I already have one child who was conceived through 2 cycles of ICSI using my own eggs.  This pregnancy has been very stressfull.  I've had four bleeds and have developed antibodies against the baby's blood due being RH -ive but, against the odds I'm still going  :)

Caroline - Congratulations on you pregnancy.  I kept mine a secret until I was twelve weeks, it was the hardest thing ever.  I got such a big mouth. 

Clare - Congratulations to you as well.  What's your due date ?

I really hope others join us soon.

Take care, Natalie xx

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is such a great idea!! I am 8 weeks pg after my 4th cycle of DIUI. I have been posting on the Lesbians using donor sperm thread and whilst they have been absolutely wonderfull, I feel bad as everyone else is still ttc. I have not really known where to go on this site so hope its okay for me to join you all.

Have been having a rotten time with sickness over the last week or so, this seems to have worn off some what so all being well, hopefully should continue in the same vain. (am so worried that something should go wrong am forgetting to enjoy the experience!!)

Clare, Caroline and Natalie, good luck with your pregnancies,

Kerry

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I'm another one who will be keeping an eye on how you're all getting on  :)
I think it's a great idea to have a separate thread like this - after all, as a group, I'm sure you've all gots lots of niggles/worries/experience to share, that those of us who are not pregnant (or at least not yet!), just won't understand completely.
^clapping^ ^bundle^ ^clapping^

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hello Girls, glad to see some more of you on this thread!  :)

Clare, I can’t believe you’re over 14 weeks already!  When do you think you’ll be able to find out the sex of your baby?  ^storkgirl^ ^storkboy^ I definitely don’t want to know about ours though – I want it to be a surprise!

Hi Natalie, nice to meet you.  :) I’m sorry to hear you have had a stressful pregnancy so far – you’re nearly there though!  I am also RH –ve so hoping it won’t cause too many complications.  Did you use a donor egg this time?  I was a bit confused about the ‘donor aspect’ of your tx.

Hi Kerry, congratulations on your pregnancy – I do sometimes read the Lesbians using donor sperm thread to see how you’re getting on, and Tamsin and Herbaltea post on the other donor thread.  How is the sickness?   I know what you mean about being so worried you forget to enjoy it (pg not sickness!), I am still ‘knicker checking’ as I’m finding it hard to believe everything will be ok!  I’m looking forward to the first scan next week but I’m so scared of hearing anything that begins ‘I’m sorry but..’  I’m grateful to be off the starting blocks but so impatient to get a bit further along!  ^spin^

I had my first little puke this morning, but it may have just been over vigorous use of the toothbrush!  I was soooo sick with DD, from weeks 6-14, and I remember saying ‘MORNING sickness!  If only it were just mornings!’ so it seems pretty crazy that I’m wishing for it this time, but it’s kind of gross but reassuring!

Love to everyone, look forward to hearing how you’re getting on (and getting some new members too of course)
Caroline xxx

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi I'm having my next scan on 19th July and I'll be 21 weeks and 3 days so should be able to find out then just can't wait till we know if baby is boy or girl.Though it does seem ages away till the scan.One thing that does drive me up the wall is before I was pregnant I use to suffer from migraines every now and then but took tablets to get rid of it and now I still get them but not half as often and the only thing I can really use is that Forehead stuff which is okay but you have to keep applying it for it to work!!!
Just can't wait till I can go on maternity leave and actually enjot being pregnant properly even though I only work 3 full days a week it really tires me out now and I'm standing up all day so my feet and back kill by the end of the day.Weighed myself on Tuesday and I've only put 3 pounds on since I got pregnant so am really impressed though I bet I weigh more now been celebrating with bags of chocolate since I fount out!!!Naughty me.Gotta go I'm going to be late for work!!

Love Clare

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clare, you can take paracetamol whilst pg.  It doesn't cross the placenta, and in the recommended dose is completely safe.  I know it won't get rid of a migraine completely, as they're more severe than a regular headache, but it may take the edge off a bit more for you than the 4 head stuff. 

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Clare, I'm also worried about getting a full-blown migraine as my usual cocktail of 2 ibuprofen + 2 paracetamol & codeine is off limits!  I've always been prone to headaches but only started getting migraines 5 years ago.  I took paracetamol on the 2ww and it did take the edge off it, plus I use 4head but that never gets rid of it, it just feels nice!  Those soothing gel patches are quite good but you have to be at home as you look like you've had major surgery..

I'm glad to hear you're getting less migraines now you're pg - are they less often or less severe when you get them?  I usually get them when I ovulate and when AF arrives so I was wondering if the extra hormones would cause havoc, but - touch wood - I haven't had any so far.  Have you ever tried a TENS machine?  I've heard they can be quite effective, plus you could use it for the birth!

I'm getting a bit edgy as I know any day now my boss is going to ask me about my timetable from September and I'm going to have to come clean, even though it's far to early to tell her.  We've got a new teacher starting in Sept and it would be logical for me to take the GCSE group but I can't let that happen when I'll have to abandon them at Christmas.. I feel terrible but I can't put my life on hold for other people's kids forever!  When we started ttc I was hoping to get pg asap so I could go on maternity leave at the end of the academic year.. little did I know things were going to get way more complicated than that!

love to everyone,
Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's really good Alex  :)  Felt a bit emotional watching that, both because it brought back happy memories for me and also because I so hope every single one of you get to experience this one day very soon  ^fairydust^

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good luck Caroline, enjoy your scan.  Hope everything goes well

Sinny
x

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Oh dear, I just wrote all about the scan but forgot to hit 'post' after 'preview' - duh!  ^idiot^

Thanks so much for all your good wishes for my scan this morning - it means a lot.  :) :) I know these were mainly on the donor thread but this is where it's ok for me to go on about it!

I was extreeeemely nervous but it was ok - we saw the heartbeat and the doc said we only have a 5% chance of miscarriage now.  It suddenly feels real now, and like we're 'allowed' to be excited.  ^cloud9^ Recently I've been posting a bit on the 'donor issue' thread and it maybe wasn't the best idea as it made me focus on the worries, but having seen the heartbeat I feel more than ever that this is OUR baby.  I had some blood taken after the scan and both the nurses I've seen recently were congratulating me - at the last progesterone test one of them asked if we were having fertility tx and I told her about DI, so they seemed to be rooting for me more!  Next scan is 1st July, which will be 10 weeks, so if that's ok we'll tell DD, can't wait for that.

Lots of love to everyone, Caroline xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Oooooh Caroline, wonderful news!!  ^pompom^ ^babycrawl^ ^pompom^ I remember my 6 week scan with Charlie - it really is magical, isnt it? 

Hope everyones pregnancies are going well, can't wait to join you over here!

Marie xx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Caroline - So glad to hear the scan went well and everything is OK. It must be a wonderful experience to hear your baby's heartbeat. Take care. x

·
Registered
193 Posts
Went and had blood taken again for them to check for chances of baby having spina bifda and downs syndrome so now have too wait 2 weeks till get results back.I've had that much blood taken since undergoing fertility treatment I'm suprised I've got any left!Been bidding like a mad woman on e-bay for maternity clothes as I just want to make the most of being pregnant and enjoy my growing bump.I want to be a stylish pregnant lady(if that's at all possible) and for people to know that I'm pregnant.
Thanks for info on migraines aren't they a nightmare when you get them as you just can't seem to be able to do anything.I'm counting the weeks down till my next scan as I can't wait till we see baby again and how much it would of grown since last scan.I'm planning on breast feeding if I can though the idea has never really appealed to me I just want to do whats best for our baby and breast milk is.Though I am going to express as well so that DP can also feed baby(especially at night when I'll need my sleep!!) and I've already brought some haberman bottles(baby whisperer programme suggested them) as there good for breast fed babies as they still have to suck to get any milk out of them unlike other bottles were the milk just comes out.

Hope all the pregnancy's are going fine

Love Clare

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.