Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

I have decided to post on this website for my next treatment as I think it's wonderful and colourful and everyone is so friendly.  Am hopefully starting a donor ICSI cycle next week (I'm donoring) and am just waiting for the couple I have been offered to to accept! 

I had such a hard job completing the green form they give you - I was OK with the background bit but when it came to the good will message to any child born as a result of the donation .............. Gosh what a hard one - where do you start!!!!  In the end I wrote something down and it brought my Mum to tears (bless her) - how did any of you get on with the forms??

Also look forward to cycling with some of you soon.

Big Love and baby dust to you all
^fairydust^

Nickie
xx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Nickie

I am just about to fill in green form, and to be honest i have absolutely no idea what to put on there, any help would be greatly appreciated

When are you due to be starting you treatment?

Good luck

Love
bitbit
xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hiya Nickie  ;D

Good on ya!!  Ive been putting off filling mine in.  As with yourself, no problems with the 'normal' questions, but when you have to start writing why, well thats a different matter.  I think its a bit like a section on a job application which says 'Why are you the best applicant for the job' Arrgghh nightmare!!  ^confused^

I think because it is such an emotional issue, I find it hard to put words to the thoughts and feelings that I have.  I only hope that any child conceived out of my eggs, will be shown so much love from their parents that my reasons behind donating will be evident.  ^clapping^

Anyway, well done Nickie, just wish mine was completed!!  ^help^

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi girls

just wanted to say you are all stars on here and those of us waiting for donors would be lost without you

so a big  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ thats a thankyou from me

Sarah xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bitbit - I have now started my treatment - am merrily sniffing away and have been doing so for a week now - first scan next Monday and then hopefully start the injections. ^banana^

Sarah - thanks for your kind words - it makes it even more fulfilling when people write that kind of stuff   ^DizzyLove^

When do you start bitbit??

Love
Nickie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello

Nickie- Omg we are quite close I started on Saturday 30/10/04 and have appt for bls on next Friday.

sas jane v- thank you for your post, I look at as a 2 way street, and i am sooooo greatful to my recipient, because without them, we would be lost  too. are you still waiting for a donor and if you don't mind me asking how long have you had too wait?

Take care and good luck

Bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks a million to those of you donating eggs.  As a mother of children conceived by donor sperm I know how important it is for offspring to have the information you find so hard to write.  My daughter, age 18, says she would really like to know why her donor donated; what his values are in life; what sort of music he likes and how he sees himself.  Does this help?    Think of yourself writing for a young person and not a baby.

Best wishes and thanks again.
Olivia

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Olivia

Thanks for the info that does help me quite a bit because i still havent managed to finish mine yet, but i have until next friday. I was getting a bit concerned bcos the idea's on the form were like what are your achievements etc etc, felt a bit like an application form for a job (and im not v good at those either lol)

Thanks again

bitbit
xxxxxx

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Nickie

how are things going, how are you?

Love

bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Olivia

Thank you for that - I ended up putting info like that5 in so am pleased this is what i think they would want. 

Bit bit - I'm fine hun - have had a scan which shows I'm not quite down regged yet - back again at hospital tomorrow so hopefully going ahead with the stimms tomorrow all being well  - EC is likely to be 24th November!  How are you getting on??

Love
Nickie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nickie

Have baseline scan tomorrow morning, when did you have you scan?

good luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed and hope you are ready for stimms.

Take care
bitbit
xxx

·
Registered
293 Posts
hi nickie

how did your scan go today, are you ready for stimms yet, mine went well, and i am down regulated, but recipient isnt ready yet  :( will hopefully know more some point next week.

take care
love
bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bitbit - hello girlie - how annoying that your recipient isn't ready  :-[ how long will you have to wait?? I am now fully downregged and have started my stimms today (hooooooray) - so all being well if things according to plan EC around 24th November..

Love
Nickie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Nickie

glad to hear your fully down regged now, and are able to start stimms today, my clinic have said they will contact me next week to let me know, if she is ready if she is, then they will give me a date to start stimms, if she isnt ready then i will just have to carry on with bureslin until she is, so i now have no idea.

take care
bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh bitbit - your poor nostrils  ^eyes^

Where are you having your treatment - I don't really know anything about your circs???  What are your fertility problems?

Love
Nickie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Nickie

I'm injecting, not sniffing, so i suppose i will have even more little holes in my tummy  ;D, i bruised myself again last night cos i was sooo tired, and things always hurt more when your tired don't they  :( , i am having treatment in nottingham. We are having IVF because DH had failed vr nearly 2 years ago, we weren't sure whether to go for ivf or diui, but we decided on ivf because of the better success rates. Where are you having treatment?

take care

bitbit
xxxxxx

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Hi girls,

Hope you don't mind me joining in.  I'm new to the website & we're only at the very early stages of choosing a clinic / centre. (So far MFS is 1st choice followed by Bristol, mainly for location if we're zipping back & forwards).

I didn't know much about egg donation until a couple of days ago, and we've been worried about the financial aspect of icsi & ssr.  So thankfully if I'm ok to donate it will mean we'll be able to try for ourselves and also give someone else the chance too.

I have a question - how long does to process of egg donation last?  We've been told to expect to have to visit the centre 6 - 8 times over a couple of months.  I'm trying to work out how I would explain the time off to my boss who's unaware of our situation!  And how long does it take from initial sign-up to donation?

Wishing you lots of luck.....  ^reiki^

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Katie

You will find answers to most questions on this website.

Each clinic differs with how they work, so all i can tell you is how my clinic have worked. Once we chose a clinic, we had to get a referal, the clinic then sent through an appt for the intial consultation, we discussed egg share, and the process of ivf, once we had decided that we were going to egg share, i had to have some blood tests, for hiv, std's fsh and lh, karotype etc, when these test were back and all clear, which took about 13 weeks, we had to see councellor, and discuss the implications of egg share etc, I also had scan as well to make sure everything was ok, and mock transfer. After all that i then had to be matched up with recipient, which i found quite a difficult time, because they can only offer eggs to one person at a time, so if they dont get back to clinic straight away, you have to wait until they do, but i dont think they give them months to decide.

Anyway once matched up, depending on protocol, i started on day 21 you start your down regulation drugs, my clinic then get you back in 14 days after starting drugs, for a scan to make sure that your body has down regulated, then you have more blood taken, i was told that i would have to ring after lunch to see when i can start the stimms, but unfortunately, because my recipient wasn't down regulated i have to carry on with d/r drugs until she is.

So it is fairly difficult to give a time scale of how long things take from start to finish, it does depend alot on clinic and recipient.

When i do get to start stimm i have to go in on day 6 of stimms for another scan to see how follies are doing, but again i dont know how other clinics work, but my clinic, you have your scans at 07:30am, also my clinic have said after ec they will give me a sick note for 2 weeks, on hospital paper not on the fertility clinic paper, so my employer doesn't have to know.

im sorry if i've rambled, but i hope it helps

take care and lots of luck

bitbit
xxxx

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Thank you bitbit!

That's given me a much better picture.  I know I'll find it all out when we get our first appt but my mind doesn't seem to deal with one stage at a time, it likes to get an idea of the whole process!! 

Your clinic sounds very good.  Which one are you with if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Katie

I have sent you a message

bitbit
xxxx

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.