Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fairly new to the site and trying to find my way around.

I am starting my IVF treatment using donor eggs and sperm.

I started my microgynon and am due to have gonepeptyl injection on 21st April. Baseline scan booked for 9th May with follow up on 19th May. ET due w/c 23rd May.

All very exciting........ Can't believe it is happening so quickly.

I'd love to hear anyone elses experience of similar situations  :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Newcastle

We have gone private so only had to wait about 10 weeks.

Thanks for your best wishes

Jules

G

·
hi jules I had donor eggs  in Cyprus:- same protocol that you describe- is it egg share for you or are you the only recipient? Is it in the UK?

very good luck and lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Feel feel to ask any questions

I had a BFP ^BFP^  on 7th April cant believe our luck just hoping all continues well :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Jules....did you only have to wait 10 weeks for Donor Eggs? We've been on the DE waiting list for months  :(  at Care.
We did one cycle with DE and my DP's TESE sperm and got a BFP in August last year....but sadly had a MMC which was discovered at our 2nd scan. We have now decided to have DE and donor sperm as well as the Consultant said he can't rule out the sperm being the problem (we got 8 mature eggs from our donor...but only 1 fertilised. The Embryologist said that the donor had had 'excellent' fertilisation rates with her share of her eggs....but due to anonymity laws, we cannot find out whether she had a BFP/BFN/MMC etc so we are in the dark really....but have to move forward as our main aim is to have a child/family regardless of DNA links) We have been told that I am in the next 'batch' of recipients to be matched so hoping we can get started too. Good luck xxx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sliceofcake, that's fantastic news congratulations. We've been told our odds are 40 - 50% so we are keeping everything crossed.

It is an egg share scheme where our donor gets her treatment for free and is in the UK.

nvb, I hope you don't have to wait much longer it's an agonising time as it is without all the waiting around. I did try to get some info from Care when I was looking at our options but they never responded so ended up going to London's Women's clinic in Darlington. We live in Leeds.
Really sorry to hear your news it must have been devastating. How long did you wait before deciding to try again? I'm sure we've been told we can enquire what the donor's outcome is. I'll have to recheck that.

Good luck to you both. Be great to hear how you are progressing.

Jules ^reiki^ ^reiki^

G

·
Hi Jules:- yes the sucess rates are good - keep in touch and let us know how you get on  :)

NVB Hope you get to the front of the q soon :) waiting is awful - i felt like my life was on hold and just kept day dreaming!

^goodluck^

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Jules,

Just wanted to wish you the bext of luck for your cycle!

We have just been through treatment at LWC Darlington too, and am currently 9 weeks pregnant.

Hope everything goes well for you sliceofcake - it is such a scary time! And hope you get matched up soon nvb.

xxx

·
Registered
631 Posts
Jules.....Wow....how come the wait at LWC is so short? The average wait at Care is 8 months and that's if you're CMV positive (which luckily I am) and 12 months if you're CMV negative. I pay for the donor's cycle and in return get half her eggs. Sadly you won't be able to find out the donor's results due to legality. She can find out about you though as any child born from her eggs can trace her when they are 18.

Millie and Sliceofcake....brilliant news about your BFP  ^banana^

I spoke to the clinic today and I am due to be matched in the next few weeks so the co-ordinator said I should start the drugs in my May cycle  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  Hurrah!!! xxx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NVB hi not sure why the wait is so short, just cant' believe it's all moved so quickly. What' is CMV?  Great news about the match. I look forward to hearing more of your news.

Millie that's brilliant news. They are all very nice at the clinic aren't they. You have given me a lot more hope now thank you. Keep us posted on your progress. Can I ask you, did you start a story book?

I am due for my for my Gonapeptyl injection on Thursday so this is it, so nervous yet so excited. I so hope it works out firt time round. ^pray^

Jules :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Jules...CMV is Cytomeglavirus which is a very common virus to have in your system. Most people are CMV+ so there's a chance you will have it in your system. It's quite a new test and part of me wonders if it's just another way of the clinic making another £90 out of you for the test.... ::)  as clearly DE treatment have been round for a while and have worked for plenty of people prior to them 'inventing' this test.

Josie...Yes, 8 months for a CMV+ match is at Manchester. If you look on the Care website it gives you individual clinic's waiting lists.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The website at the moment shows 8 months for both cmv positive and negative patients. Hmmmm... Maybe we can find out more when we go to our appointment with the donor coordinator on Wednesday. Xxx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I don't think the cmv test is new, we had it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts