Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wondered if anyone can help us. I am trying to find a list of sperm banks/clinics with sperm banks in the UK. I have found out about the bridge and the womens clinic but cant believe these are the only ones. If anyone can help, would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Bx

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi

Lots of clinics have donor sperm facilities. The HFEA guide notes which clinics offer sperm services http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/1135.html
However, some have longer waiting lists than others.

Hope this helps.

Pabboo

·
Registered
905 Posts
But I think what B means is clinics that recruit donors as well as providing treatment facilities.  Most clinics do not recruit their own donors and unless they have a link with a recruitment centre that will sell them sperm, they are likely to have a long waiting list.  So the thing to look for on the HFEA list is sperm donor recruitment, rather than just treatment.  Manchester Fertility Services is the most successful recruitment/clinic in the country, but Leicester ACU are doing very well at the moment too (plus Bridge and LWC in London).  This is not exhaustive.  There may well be others.  National Gamete Donation Trust are the best organisation for up to date information, www.ngdt.co.uk
Olivia

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks Olivia!
In that case, Bourne Hall also recruits their own donors. They have a sperm-share style programme which is like egg share, so couple who donate sperm can get reduced cost IVF in the same way you would as an eggshare. So they don't have a long waiting list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts