Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fliss

Congratulations!!!

Laine x

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi girls,

Just wanted to say thanks to Jules & Laine for your messages!

Still feel convinced that this isn't really happening so I don't feel excited at all most of the time. It's just like someone else has told me they're pg ... I feel as though I'm really happy for them but a bit numb too.

But then I speak to DH (who's been abroad working for nearly 4 weeks already and won't be home for another 10 days) and we get a bit giddy! Can't wait for him to come home so I can show him an HPT and he can confirm that I'm not imagining it!

Oh, look at me ... I'm wittering again! Sorry girls! ;D

Love to you all, Fliss xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
oh fliss you're so sweet hun. I can't tell you how happy I am for you both. Just goes to show persistence pays off! Your DH must be so happy, a dream come true ^bundle^ ^cloud9^

A BFP at last, woo hoo! We need some more of those. Isn't it funny after our concerns about timing etc, they must get it right after all. I shall just have to be patient and wait my turn!

Lots of love to you Flissy, I really am chuffed for you

^thumbsup^

Sinbad
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Sinbad, you're a top bird!! (as we say up North!!) ;D

I will continue to hope you get your bfp, and I'll be sending positive vibes all the time, for you and all the other girls. I hope my bfp gives everyone hope, although I have to say I won't feel settled until at least after the 6 week scan. I feel as though it's not real, and everything is going to come crashing down around me very soon. Oh how I hope I'm wrong about that!

Anyway, I'm off out for a birthday lunch (bfp was the best present ever) .... followed by an evening birthday barbeque (my world revolves around food at the moment!) Just hope I can casually get away without drinking!

Lots of love everyone, Fliss xxxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Happy Birthday for yesterday Fliss (I remember you said it was the same day as National Fertility Day). Hope you got thoroughly spoiled!!

^birthday2^

Love Sinbad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS Just back from a wedding yesterday and I'm feeling ^puke^ after too much ^drunk^ oh well!!

:-\

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi girls! Thought I'd say hi as we're slipping down the board again!

Sinbad ... it seems to be just you and me at the moment! Hope the wedding was good and you don't feel ^puke^ anymore! Thanks for the birthday message. I had a nice time, but ate too much and kept having to pour wine down the sink / in the garden etc when no-one was looking!! Also went to the bar in the pub at lunchtime and bought myself G & T's without any G!!!!!! Hilarious!

Jen ... how was Ireland ... hope you've had a good time!

Love to all, Fliss x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yo Flissy!

I was wondering how you were. Any symptoms yet, I know it's still early days. Wasn't it funny how you were convinced AF was on her merry way, do you still have any niggly pains at all? Just curious! Sorry bombarding you with lots of questions. When is your 1st scan? Wow, can you believe it! You must still be on Cloud9.

I'm ok, did I tell you I resigned from my job on Friday. My very kind and understanding GP signed me off for a further 4 weeks which will cover my notice period. I have a couple of interviews lined up, one this week and poss one at the end of the month, for part-time local work. Am both excited and scared, what with changing clinics and a new job, I hope I'm doing the right thing. Only time will tell eh girls.

I have to say am getting very lazy (and fat!) sitting around all day, I do try and go for walks most evenings with DH so am doing something. The weather is so gorgeous and here I am stuck on this computer most of the day!

Anyway......just touching base. Hope you are all well. Jen I think you're jetting off again soon aren't you? Oh to go on holiday..........a distant dream for me at the mo, one of many!!

See ya
Love
Sinbad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sinbad, strangely I was just thinking how I still feel like AF is just around the corner. My scan is booked for 24th June (week on Thursday) and I can't wait. I'm convinced I'm imagining my BFP and won't feel settled until the clinic have confirmed all is looking ok. I'm so worried about ectopic pg or m/c etc, but I am sure they are normal worries for people.

With regard to symptoms ... nothing yet, except I feel like my boobs have gone up a size already (but that could just be because I've been eating too much all weekend!) ;D

You didn't tell us about your job! That's really brave to resign and look for something nearer / part-time / less stressful. I'm a firm believer that something better always comes along when it comes to jobs ... I hope it's true for you. Let us know how the interviews go .... will be keeping my fingers crossed.

I am also feeling lazy and fat ... haven't been to the gym for ages and scared myself by getting on the scales the other day! Will certainly ask the clinic for dietary advice when I go in, just to see what I can do to get as healthy as possible.

Here's hoping the new job and new clinic is just what you need, it'll be new donor too, I assume, so that could be your lucky 3!!!!! I hope so!

Lots of love, Flissy xxxxxxxx

PS. Do you watch Big Brother?

·
Registered
63 Posts
No I'm not a Big Bro fan at all, it's not my kind of thing. I will watch things like I'm A Celebrity and Hell's Kitchen, but BB doesn't grab me at all. Maybe it's coz I just have never sat down and watched it. You a big fan? There is a BB thread, did you know?

I hope I'm doing the right thing with work and have not been too hasty in resigning, one of the girls emailed me today to make sure that I had thought it through carefully (yeah like I just got up on Friday morning and decided to hand in my notice!!). There will be other jobs and life goes on...simple as that. I hope I don't live to regret it though.

Oh shall be thinking of you on 24th June, it must be lovely to have your first scan.....that's when it will really hit home that you're pg!! I still can't believe it, have you worked out your due date yet, Feb sometime? I am so happy for you (I know I keep saying it ;D )

Catch up tomorrow
Sinbad xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Morning Sinbad ..... where's everyone else???!!!

I have looked up my due date in 2 places ... one says 17th Feb and the other says 19th. But I still feel like a complete fake and don't feel like I am pg at all, so it's all really weird. I think I just daren't let myself believe it yet.

You've been concerned about work for a while now, and it's just not worth working somewhere that makes you unhappy. You spend too much time there, and when you include your travel time and then worrying about it at home, it can take over your life. I resigned from my last job because it was becoming really stressful and I felt it was affecting our chances of conception. Admittedly that was over 2 years ago, but then I set up working for myself and just haven't looked back. Making the move initially is really scary, but I'm so sure you'll be ok. ^thumbsup^

I'm not really a big tv person .... I don't make a point of being at home to watch anything, and I'm usually distracted ... ironing etc when the tv is on. But I sometimes watch BB, so I just wondered. It drives me mad, and I often have to press mute, but I still watch!!! ^dunce^ I saw some of Hell's Kitchen (really like Gordon Ramsey ... not sure why!) but got really annoyed by I'm a Celeb.

Anyway, thanks for being so upbeat about my positive ... I'll keep you up to date with symptoms (really wish I had some ... it would be reassuring, I think!)

Let us know how your interview goes this week .... when is it? What's the job?

This message must be huge now ... sorry!

LoL, Fliss xxxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Morning Fliss!

Can I ask what you do from home, is that being very nosey? I did advertise my secretarial services in the local paper but never got any response. DH is an IT Manager so I practically have an office at home, computer, printer, scanner etc. But nobody wanted my services :( Then again sometimes I think would I be suited to working from home, do you find it lonely or isolating? Since being off I don't see anyone in the week at all! But I can be a bit of a loner sometimes anyway.

I'm not a huge telly fan either, have to say I do watch E/enders & Corrie but that's about it. I did like Celebrity and Gordon Ramsay (whoaarrr!!!) I don't know what it is about that man - has to be his masculinity and dominant side :eek: (He can do me a rump steak any day ;D ) BB does drive me mad, I can't seem to connect with the people on it who just seem to be completely self-obsessed and only after fame. Well those are my thoughts anyway - it's a bit lilke marmite - you either love it or hate it.

Today I'm having my friend round about 11, she's been really good lately since I've been off. She sort of had fertility problems years ago but got pg naturally so she knows what I'm going thru. And she's so easy to talk to.....she really is a good mate. No wine though, bit early at 11am ;D ;D

Thanks for your thoughts on work, it's exactly how I feel. Some might think I'm mad but I have thought about it and it feels right. I hope something p/time comes up soon otherwise I'll start to panic! Interview is in the morning at 10.30, I did a mailshot to all the local accountants and solicitors (yawn), 2 have come back and said they want to interview me! I did put in the letter that I wanted p/time flexible, so they should know what to expect.

Catch u up later, enjoy your day, what beautiful sunshine! I guess the clinic will confirm your due date, oh how exciting! I know it must be hard to believe at the mo.

Love Sinbad xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi again! Am in complete agreement about Gordon Ramsay ... I think he's phwoar too, just cos he's so manly and gruff!

Hope you've had a nice time with your friend today .... it's good to have company once in a while when you're at home.

I work as a surveyor, and am at home quite a lot but I spend ages on the phone and I'm often out in the car doing site visits too. I really love it, although sometimes I get bored when I'm not getting out enough.

I could have lots of visitors, as so many of my family and friends are at home all day with young children, but I have to say no and try to get my head down and do some work. Sometimes my motivation is very poor though! (And I spend ages on ff instead of working!! :-[)

I'm very impressed with your attitude, mailshotting all those local businesses ... that's excellent. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your interview goes well tomorrow morning. Keep me (us?) up to date.

Anyway, thanks for still posting ..... everyone else has gone all quiet ... hope they're all ok!

Catch you later, Fliss xxxxxxx

PS. working at home is even harder when it's really sunny outside!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well that'll teach me - I've only gone and got myself a nice bright pink nose and sunburnt legs, but only on one side. That's what 3 hours of nattering does for you! Had a lovely time though catching up with my mate.

I would so love to be going on holiday - we're planning to go away for a few days possibly next week if the weather stays like this, down the coast with our camping gear! Have you any hols booked Fliss - does DH work away quite a bit? You must miss him loads, especially since you got your bpf! Maybe you should grab a week or so away before the baby arrives, I know it's a long way off but it would be nice to spend some quality time with DH beforehand. Can't believe it's already mid June, half way thru the year. I had a Crimbo catalogue thru the door the other day - early or wot!

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow, nothing might come of it but ya gotta check these things out. Fingers crossed for me!
Love
Sinbad xxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hope your pink nose and burnt legs aren't sore. Sunburn is horrid! I fake tanned my legs on Friday night ready to wear a skirt to my b.day barbie on Saturday, but when I woke up it was really streaky so I ended up in jeans!! :(

A few days away sound heaven .... we're going to the coast for 3 or 4 days next week as soon as DH is home, so we can chill out together without any interruptions. He works away for just over a month, :'( but is then home for nearly a month and not working, which is fab!! ;D I really miss him .... a month is AGES, but it's great for his career and stuff, and the time off almost makes up for it. Especially 'cos i'm my own boss, so I have lots of time off with him. ;D

When we get back we're moving house so I've got that to look forward to ... am really excited about our fab new house, but hate the thought of all the hassle with moving.

Hope you have a good time camping (you're much braver than me!) and that the weather stays good.

Best of luck with your interview ... let me know how you get on! Go in there believing you can do it, and that they need you more than you need them. ^thumbsup^

Maybe we should IM each other instead of posting, as there's no-one else here?? (Haven't used IM yet, have you?) What do you think?

Speak to you later, love Fliss xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks Fliss - I shall remember what you said when I'm in the interview, the world is my oyster as they say!

It will be nice for you and DH to get away, gosh you must miss him terribly. But sounds like you have lots of family and friends nearby. All my family are in Ireland, I have 2 uncles living in or around London but don't see a lot of them. Do miss my mum and sister, esp as she has 3 little ones who are absolutely gorgeous! I try and get home about 3 times a year but with tx it's not always easy. It could be worse though, I'm under an hour's flight away if anything ever happened.

Wow you're moving house?! Something bigger to fill with lots of ^baby2^ (ies) I hope! Seems we might be away at the same time nx week, gosh I'd be lost without someone to email on FF everyday! We could IM each other, seems like the name of this thread is a bit archaic now anyway, perhaps we should start a new one? We should just call it "Sinbad & Fliss" ;D ;D

Will post in the morning when I get back, interview, YIKES!! ^scared^

Night night
xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sinbad, thinking about you this morning .... it's almost 10.30, so you'll be going into your interview very soon. ^twitch^ Hope it goes ok!

I was just thinking ... I know only you and I have posted on this thread for a few days, but I'm sure that, like me, you don't want to shut all the other girls out. Should we just keep the thread going for when they come back? I think everyone is having some breathing space at the same time ... Jen, Sue, Debs & Ruth are all having time out from tx, aren't they?

Anyway, if any of you ladies are reading this, I hope you're ok, and look forward to future updates from you!

So, Sinbad I hope you'll be logging on as soon as you get home to give us the lowdown on how things went this morning!! I've got everything crossed for you!

;D ;D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Fliss!

I'm back! Well the interview went very well (I'm a bit out of practice but they didn't ask anything that threw me too much). Basically I think the job is pretty much mine. I will probably accept it - the hours are 1.00-5.30pm, which I think is fab and frees up my mornings for clinic visits. It is about 5 mins drive from me and they provide free parking on-site. What more could I ask for?! Think the money will be OK too, not fantastic but as long as there's some coming in. The great thing about it is that I have the flexibility to do my own thing in the mornings, so I'm pretty much happy with that for now. It didn't seem a stressful environment either.

So, what do you think? It was really weird, almost too good to be true but even the 2 guys who interviewed me said they thought they had found a "perfect match". And were quite impressed that I'd written in to them of my own accord.

How are you today? Any strange feelings yet - any symptoms? Tell me if I'm being really intrusive or downright nosey, but am so interested to find out what happens in the early days. So I know when I get there one day ::)

Yes ladies where is everyone?!! Would love to hear how you all are, even the in-betweenies.

;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sinbad, so pleased for you that the interview went well ... these things happen for a reason, and it may well be fate that you contacted them just when you did. The hours and location sound fantastic, so I really hope they formally offer it to you. ;D Well done!

I've had a bit of a dodgy day so far ... have had quite niggly af type pains, and have been bleeding a little (but old, brown blood) sorry tmi!!! Phoned clinic for advice, and have been for blood tests. Will get results tomorrow after 3pm (can't believe I have to wait so long). They said it is quite common and not to worry (yeah, right!), and at least I'll have more idea tomorrow after they know my current hcg levels.

Have done another hpt since, and it's still +ve, but as pale as the one I did last week, which I don't think is good. I'll keep hoping and praying, and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Sorry to put such a downer on things after your excellent morning ... I really am pleased that things went well for you.

Love, Fliss x

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fliss darling I'm sure your aches and pains are nothing to worry about. All the tests you did were positive and surely you would have had AF by now if she was going to come. It probably is quite common to have niggly AF pains as everything is changing inside you, making room for bubs!! It probably seems an age away until tomorrow when you get your results but try and stay calm, do something to take your mind off it. It must be the hardest thing having to wait - like being on 2ww again. I'm here for you sweetie and am keeping every single thing crossed for you, will say a prayer for you tonight.

Let us know the outcome, I shall be watching out for your post. Lots and lots of luck.
Take care hun and chin up - it's by no means over yet.

Love and hugs, Sinbad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.