Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new to the board. I really want to become a donor for many reasons; mainly the power to give the gift of life where someone is unable to. However, I am on an anti-depressant. Does anyone know if it still possible to become a donor? ^bundle^

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi

I was on anti depressents(amitryptiline - which are reletavely mild compared to some)) prior to my IVF and was told that it would be best if i came off them, i am not sure which (if any) clinics ask for you to be free from anti-depressents, it is probably best to ask a clinic or maybe Sarah can help you with this question.

Mel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Mel ^angel^ i'm taking Zoloft. i really want to be a donor! i hope this wont hinder me from doing so.
oh, and i guess no one answered this thread because of the time difference; most of you guys are in the UK- i'm in new york city!!! :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Adriana, I'm no expert but when I went to discuss egg donation with our clinic they were fine with my anti-depressants. However, as mine are quite strong I would have to come off them if I got pregnant but they wouldn't affect the actual procedure.

I hope this helps, I guess all anti depressants are different and different clinics may have different policies.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts