Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've also posted on the "Treatment abroad" section, not really sure which category this falls into ... but I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who was thinking of either travelling abroad to use donor sperm or import it into the UK?

We are still thinking over all our options at the moment, but with the changing legislation and shortages of sperm in England at the moment I would be interested to see whether this was really a viable option.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks, Talia x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply, it's just good to know that we are not the only ones considering this route.
Due to my PCOS I will need to do a medicated cycle so I don't think that the home insemination option would work for us though. We actually live in Italy (where DI is illegal) so will have to travel for treatment where ever we go, given this we were thinking that if we used sperm from the US and went to a clinic outside the UK we would have a greater choice of anonymous donors and much more information on them would be available. We haven't told anybody other than parents about DH's azoospermia and being over here can feel a bit isolated so FF and the ability to get advice like this is a real lifeline. Thanks again...
Talia x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.