Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

My and hubby have a 2.5 year old from ICSI (Low sperm count), shes healthy
We have a 11 month old natural surprise who has a genetic condition extremely rare, disabling for life.
We have looked into genetic IVF but as its so rare they will need to prepare a test for it taking over 2 years.
We are now looking into donor sperm as the condition is passed on from both me and hubby. We cant guarantee the baby would be healthy due to possible risk of donor being a carrier but its extremely unlikely.
What options with donor sperm are there, is it only IUI and IVF. Just wanting to get options as my fertility is fine xx

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm so sorry to read of your DS's genetic condition. It must have been and continue to be a really difficult time. We have used donor sperm because my DH has a genetic condition. We were offered Pre Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) but my DH had zero sperm anyway so it wasn't possible. This came as an utter shock as my DH is healthy in every other way. You can use donor sperm in the same way as any other sperm. However, personally I think it's statistically most successful in ICSI. On saying that I know of lots of successes from IUI and you have youth on your side... Best of luck in what you choose to do and best wishes to your family. Shelleysugar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts