Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to say we are still on the waiting list for an egg donor and therefore knowing how hard the wait is my husband decided to find out whether there is a shortage of sperm donors as he could apply and hopefully help another couple. He's just spoken to our nurse today and been informed that yes there is a "chronic" shortage of sperm donors but they don't have a sperm bank yet and don't know when they will be getting one so he can always phone back again in another couple of months!!

This won't help the people waiting, he wasn't even offered a phone number or address to contact anyone to go onto a donor list of some sort which I think is terrible.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Galaxy, I agree, that is just awful!  ^smash^ How terrible to be so dismissive and disinterested, how can they expect people to donate if they treat them like that?  ^snarl^

Well done to your husband though, what a star!  ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ I had my first DIUI last week and I'm sooo grateful to special people like him (and you too of course, for agreeing with him  ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^).

Hope your wait will be over soon,  ^fairydust^
Caroline xx

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wanted to chip in here I think it is terrible they were so dismissive with your dh it stinks when my clinic is telling me we may have to stop treatment in the future due to lack of donor sperm!

I also wanted to say a big thank you to you and your dh for wanting to donate it is going to save my childs life my child could not be without people like your dh!  I may never get to thank the donor who may give us the gift of our dreams should we be lucky enough to get pregnant but they will forever be special in our hearts and we will tell our child of the special gift we have been given and hope the alturistic caring genes that promote men to donate will be in our child!

Good luck with your dreams too!

Ruthx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Galaxy - just wanted to applaud you and your husband for volunteering for sperm donation.
As with Ruth and Caroline I think it is terrible that he was turned away. Perhaps if you gave us an idea of the area of the country you are in we could tell you if we know of a bank nearby?

May your dreams come true!

Lots of love
Lizi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments, no thanks needed here as we understand completely the amazing thing donors are doing hence why my husband wants to be a donor.

We are in Merseyside currently on the waiting list for an egg donor with Liverpool Womens Hospital thats why we phoned them thinking they would know who to contact at least and why being so disgusted I posted their comments.

Want to say as well to everyone currently waiting hang-in there it will happen, there are people wanting to make dreams a reality.

:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi to whom who is going through IVF,

After finding out that we would not be able to have our own baby and having a very hard time to digest this issue, now I am ready for IVF with a donor sperm.

We went to one of the top infertility clinics in London, but all they showed us as a sperm donor was only one option. We got so worry as we do not have any other choice and we have to accept this donor.

I am wondering do all these clinics get their requirements from sperm banks or just get it fresh from men who are interested to give a donor to their clinics?

Does any body knows which infertility clinic in London is the best and has more variety of donor sperm????

Please help......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.