Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Looks like I will start down-regging mid September - I am probably being impatient but am feeling frustrated as it feels like it is so far away - anyone else out there starting cycle in September?

Jenni

·
Registered
85 Posts
hi jenni i am also starting in september, feels like it is AGES away but i have learned patience , i have been waiting for this for a long time so whats anothe 3 months ?? good luck jenni :D

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hi Jenni
I should be starting in september to.I feel just the same as you.With the time spent to think about it one minute my emotions are up then next minute they are down.I will feel better once it actually starts then I wont have time to think about it.Lots of love and luck to you.
love jane
xxxxxxxxxx
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Girls

Another impatient one to joing you if that ok? ;) I think itll be down regging Sep but will know for def after 1st appointment on 5th Aug. I know September's only about 6 wks away now but feels like ages.

Itll be my 1st attempt (ICSI) too ^spin^

Cam

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Everyone

Glad to see I am not the only one who is impatient! I had wrongly assumed that once I had my first appointment through it would be "all systems go" - I should really have known better! I am feeling better about waiting till September now. I have quite a bit booked up throughout August to keep me busy (going on holiday, large projects on house, hospital appointments!) so it doesn't seem so far away now. Am hoping that the holiday will chill me out a bit before we start the treatment!
8)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Sorry to butt in, hello ladies, whising you all lots of luck for September and babydust

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Jenni I am also at the John Radcliffe and was so upset to find out that I had to wait another 6weeks after the open evening until I get my first IVF appointment ...I 2 kinda thought it would all start happening sooner, can I ask why you have to wait till September ? have you had to have further tests etc ? Just I am praying that I can start/they have room for me to start my first cycle after the appointment.

Thanks in advance for any response C x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Candy

I have only had a first visit/appt at John Radcliffe, we have not yet had our pre-consultation and semen analysis appointments which are August 3rd and 13th.
I have then got to wait for AF which should be very end of August which I think means I can down-reg mid/end September.

As far as I can tell you should be able to start treatment after your pre-consultation appointment once AF arrives - this is providing there are no further investigations needed - but don't quote me on this as this is my first time for IVF too ???

I was told there was a bit of a wait for appointments as there were a lot of patients on the list so I was lucky to get the appointments as early as I did - it was possible that I would have to wait until September for the pre-consulation which would have meant waiting till October to start treatment! When is your appointment?

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hello ^wave^ thanks for replying

Not long to go now, good luck for the 3rd and 13th.

^fairydust^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^reiki^

Our appointment is not until the 31st August, unless they get any cancellations, so 6 weeks away, we have already had the semen test and I have had my blood tests, so fingers crossed as long as they don't want any redone or any other tests like that saline one (Not sure if I got the name right, but where they see if you have any blockages in your womb) ..... only problem is, is that I will be at the start of my AF, so I am hoping that if no tests are needed that I can still downreg on day 21, rather than wait for that cycle, then 21days of the next if you get me.

I know I shoudl be more patcient, buta fter 3 failed IUIs at teh JR, I am ready now lol

They told us as well that they have been unidated due to better stats, so they only take so many couples a week... trying not to think to negatively and just pray that we can start straight away.

Lots of love C x

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I will be joining you all going well for treatment in Sept / Oct. This will be our first ICSI treatment so we are a bit apprehensive about what to expect. We have our consultation the middle of August and hope to start the end of September.

i would love to hear from those of you who have had ICSI done before, how did if affect you - drugs etc.? Did you take time off from work for your 2ww?

Wishing you all the best of luck

Jac

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Welcome to fertility friends Jacy, I kinda gatecrashed thsi thread, not sure if I will be downregging in September, but really hoping I am. Just want to wish you lots of luck and babydust

Worth also posting on the ICSI thread, you should get alot of support from there.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/*********/index.php?board=31

Candy x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi every one,

hope you dont mind me joining in. Fingers crossed I should be starting again either September or Ocotober, depending on the evil AF. Had a BFN 3 weeks ago.

I am slightly different to you guys as I am donating half my eggs - but i just know that with all the positive vibes going round we are going to get some good results.

Bring on September!!!!!

^fairydust^

Sending every one fairy dust xxxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi girls
Mind if I join you? I'm hoping to get back on my bike and cycle in Sept/Oct. I had a BFN on IVF last week - the wicked witch stole my dream :'( :'(
Will probably be doing ICSI next time. Hardly got this AF over with and I'm already praying for the witch to come again!! ^witch^. In the meantime I'm having my house damp-proofed, going to a wedding in Cornwall and two weeks in Wales.....so it should go quickly.

I'm double-boarding (I feel like a floozy!) as I'm still posting on the summer babydusters board till they all get their results, but I want to start again with some girls going through it at the same time. ^Cuddle^ I didn't find FF until I'd had the EC and I don't know how I managed before without it! :)

I've got a provisional appointment at the beginning of Sept (which is actually on day 21 if AF is on time!) for a scan and to pick up my bottle of sniffy snuff and then get DRing that day! If it comes any earlier I have to call and get in earlier but not too early for a scan - not with the witch still around. My clinic have been fab about getting me dates and getting going asap. I can't wait to try again. Sezzy you're a star to donate, I would but my eggs are a bit rubbish and didn't fertilise last time.

Best of luck and lots of baby dust to all of you

Clairexxx ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Welcome Sezzy & Claire ^wave^

Sezzy good on you for being an egg donor, its something I have put allot of thought into and would like to do if mmy first IVF fails, I don't want to egg share 1st time round, purely because I didn't produce many follies on IUI and am convinced they are poor quality so this way I will know, before I get anyone hopes up, hope that makes sense.

Sorry to hear about your recent negative and wishing you all the oluck in the world this time round.

Claire, the hurt must be still raw, I am sorry to hear that the witch stopped your dreams coming true this cycle, lets hope she goes on a very long holiday soon ! why do you think you will be going for ICSI ? can I be nosey and ask how many eggs you had and how many fertilised ?

I haven't really found a new home since semi leaving the IUI'ers, I expect this section will hot up as we get closer to the time, although I don'tt know when I will be downregging yet.... Your clinic soudn great in letting you know where you stand and giving you something to focus on again.

Lots of love C and positive vibes C x ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hello girls,

there seem to be a growing band of us - soon we'll need a name for this thread! Any ideas? ??? ^idea^

Hi Candy, not nosey at all.
I don't have the full embryology report back yet (get to see that in September) but I had 10 eggs which I was so pleased about...then only one fertilised. I was told at the time that everything up to that point was OK - eggs healthy and 'mature', sperm all fine and still mobile, and the surrounding layer had formed that the sperm all flock to and stick to. However, 3 didn't have any sperm on at all and the rest had several hundred, as they should, but they couldn't seem to push through. Tough shells basically.
When I went for ET they said 'if there's a next time' - of course there was - probably ICSI would be the thing to do to sort out that problem, rather than taking the chance that the little swimmers will be head-butting my eggs again! ^sperm^ ^smash^
But that'll all be confirmed when I go to the clinic in September. They are really nice at Queen Mary's, and not too fixated with numbers and levels. Lots of ladies here seem to know all sorts of things about their hormone levels but my lot seem to basically look at the scan to see if I'm ready for each stage.

All I have to do for next time is go for a scan after next AF and I can start again on day 21, all being well. I'm juggling my holiday dates around that time, so I actually hope the witch comes a few days late!!! ;) Hopefully not a problem as she's taking a long time to go away this time :mad:

I'm also having my stimms adjusted as I went way too quick (7 days' injecting) before I needed EC - 14 big follies, and then I got OHSS after ET and was laid up for a week. So next time will be lower doses and hopefully I'll cook a bit slower. :)

Yes, I'm still a bit raw but there's some good days and bad ones and fewer tears every day. ^mercy^ :) ^mercy^ :) ^mercy^ :) ........
I can't let this rule my life so I am attempting to laugh in the face of every little hurdle. ;) :) :). Well, till I'm stimming again anyway! then you may wish to consider why you're posting with me! ;D

Good luck to everyone on this thread, hopefully lots of BFPs in October!

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hello again all

I am no good with names for threads Claire, first time I have really posted on one of the cycle buddy threads so not really sure about the naming procedures lol.... love the name of your other thread though, autumn somethings ?

I have read many ladies on here saying not to get hett on quality and numbers as it just takes one, have also read where people were told the quality was poor, but they have gone on to have sucessful pregnancies .... so hard to know where we stand and sometimes too much info just goves us more to worry about.

Must have been very disappointing on one hand that only one of those 10 fertilised, but it does mean that they are great tough and with the help of ICSI getting through the shell, you should hopefully have some real beauties this time round.

I am looking forward to finding out if DH's sperm can penetrate the eggs and if my follies are mature enough to produce eggs as with IUI, you have no idea.

Fingers crossed the witch either doesn't show and you have a natural Pg inbetween or she times her arrival perfect for you to juggle the dates, hopefully witht e new drug regime and the ICSI helping hand, that this will be your cycle and that you get that BFP.

Good luck every one C x

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Just thought I would let you know how excited I am ... we have got a cancellation appointment so are going in for IVF chat on 2nd August instead of the 31st, I couldn't be happier at this moment ! C x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Candy that's excellent news! ;D ;D ;D really pleased for you hun.
Now, what day in your cycle will you be? Make sure you press them to let you start as soon as you can. presumably with all your IUI you've both had all the investigations, all you need to start IVF (well, all we had to do at QMH) was have a day 2/3 blood test for me for FSH I think (my apointment was ON day 3 - how lucky was that?! They sent me straight off to the lady with the big needles! ;)) and you both need hep and HIV tests - so press them to let you do that while you're there if you can, then you should be able to get going on day 21 hopefully. ^thumbsup^ ^thumbsup^. Some clinics insist on other investigations, but sounds like they know your tubes pretty well by now.. ^chuckle^

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust
^fairydust^

Hey, where's everyone else?!

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Sorry for the delay, not sure whats happened to everyone else, maybe enjoying the sunshine.

I will be day 7 on Monday, very unlikely that they will let me start on day 21 of that cycle, even if I need no further tests, as they only accept a small number of people each week ...but it does mean that I could possibily start next cyle, where as if my appointment was still 31st would have not been that month either, trying to not read too much into anything and just hope I can start ASAP.

We have had the hep tests, just have to have HIV, which they do there and then I beleive.

Just have everything crossed, thanks for caring, have a fab weekend to one all C x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Candy, hope your appointment went well today - did they let you know when you can begin? If it is next month then it looks like we will be starting around the same time - so I might see you in the waiting room some day.

Sezzy, just wanted to say well done for donating.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hi All

Hope you had great weekends.

Jenni, is it your appointment tommorow ? today went well thank you, I am on day 7 AF wise and I can't start on day 21 of this cycle, but I knew that anyway, so its day 21 of next cycle, which gives me an approximate date of week beginning 11th October for recovery/2ww.... which means I will be down regging with you guys in September, had I not got that cancellation, it would have been a cycle later !

^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^

Both DH and I was given a HIV test and I had a baseline scan, to chcek there were no cysts etc.... they even took a photo of us both for the file, so make sure you do your hair lol ... I looked very rough !

I was dead worried as my FSH was high, but seems I have a good reserve of eggs by the look soft eh scan ..... I had previously had FSH tested, but the results are missing and this time, becuase the letter said day 2-5, I squeezed in a test on day 5 as letter arrived day 5, thinking would stop me having any further delays, but the lady I saw said really day 5 is too late and their letters are wrong, so going to have another when AF arrives, hopefully day 2 or 3

So thats about it, really ... just a case of wiating now, good luck with yours jenni, let us know how you get on C x

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.