Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone confirm if I've done part of the down-regging injection properly?

I'll try to explain it so it makes sense, lol

I'm filling up the syringe fully and then pushing it back down to the right dosage when you have the pink needle as directed by the nurse. When you then take the pink needle off and replace with yellow one, do you pull the syringe fully back and then back to the dosage again before flicking for air bubbles?

I cant remember, was a lot to take in yesterday. Hubby says yes but I cant remember that part.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Hi MrsPaddy

I started Down-Reg 7 days ago and my nurse told me that once I replace need heads to push the syringe up to the point where I little droplet forms then to insert straight into my tummy.. I really don't recall her saying to draw the syringe back again!! I hope she didn't anyhow!! Eeeeks.

Hope your finding everything ok and not to emotional, I can't believe how quick the drugs start taking affect as my period was due on Sunday and still no show due to the dam injections,  When I called the clinic all of a panic they told me not to worry to much as this can happen and it also can have a delay on your cycle all together!! OH what joy being a women.

Anyhow just wanted to wish you all the best and may you have a super chrimbo injecting and non drinking!!.. that's the bit I really don't like at xmas!!

Take Care
Hx

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sometimes drawing it back helps clear the bubbles - but no need to - what ever works for you.  You need to clear the bubbles then push the plunger up until there is is a droplet at the tip of the needle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good cos that means I've been doing it okay  :)

Hubby's been great and has been helping me prepare the injections every morning before I inject myself.

I hardly ever drink so I'm luckily not going to miss that part.

Have you had any side effects yet? I've had a bit of tummy ache and tenderness for a lil while where I inject. I woke up during the night and couldn't get back to sleep but not sure if was a side effect or cos I was thinking about things when I woke up.

Have a great xmas!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I've had some strange effects but not sure if it's just me or the drug. My eyes get dry (bizarre) just like when your tired, get very tired come 9ish, have a thirst and sore (.)(.) but again I think thats due to not get my AF yet!! Today i've got more like period pains so I'm hoping it's onroute.

Glad you've been doing it right.. I started to painic!

Can I also say WELL DONE on HUGE BMI drop... that's absolute amazing so Well Done.
x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.