Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what would happen if you started  down regging and then found out you were pregnant?

I'm due to start sniffing Synarel on Saturday and have had a bit of spotting today and it just got me thinking........ ???

Thanks very much,

Lisa xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hiya Lisa
I'm desperate to know the answer too as DP and I always seem to get the urge to try to make a baby the non-IVF way just when I'm about to downreg and we then have a panic about whether it would be a bad thing and therefore whether we should (bizarrely) use contraception!!

This is a big problem I think with starting D/R on day 21 - how do you know if fate has suddenly decided to save you a load of cash?!

I do hope it's good news for you.......... ;)

love
Claire xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Lisa

I started d/r on tuesday 14 dec and have wondered exactly the same thing, but I have read that we are suppose to use contraception.

It is so difficult as on day 21 there's no use doing a pregnancy test as nothing would show and you just have to take the chance. I figured why would this month be any different from the last 5 years of ttc  ::)! So I have finally started the IVF journey (1st time).

Good luck
Amba

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Amba
know what you mean - no reason at all why my body should actually change the habit of a lifetime, but just to pee me off further, I can just see my follies suddenly developing an incredible ability to do ICSI without medical intervention!!!  Wouldn't that just be the way.  Hasn't happened yet though so maybe we don't need the condoms! But then maybe we should  ^confused^.......aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Best of luck with your IVF

Claire x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hayley just saw your post.  That's cool, thanks
Sorry yours was ectopic  :'(
Claire

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
A friend of mine got pregnant while d/r - she only found out during her baseline scan, when it showed a sack.  Her baby is now a healthy 3 year old girl, and she is now 16 weeks pregnant following a successful ICSI cycle. 
Her doctors told her there should be no harm to the baby - hope this helps you some!

Marie xx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ever so much girls'.  Don't know what I'd do without you all.  :)

I don't think there's much chance that I could be pregnant seeing as we're having ICSI - like you say, why should my body start behaving just because I'm about to start treatment! 

Good luck to you all.  Here's some Christmas Angels to help us on our way,

^xmas1^ ^xmas2^

Lisa xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.