Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im going to start down regging mid Dec using Burselin spray.

Is it okay to have sex while d/r?

Does one get a period during / after d/r?

Has anyone had any side effects using the Burselin spray? If so what have they been?

How long do people usual d/r for?

Im going to be in Thailand while d/r- are they any side effects that could be signs of potential problems.

Im going to use Burselin for about 21 days as we going on holiday and when I get back will then have a scan to check if all okay.

Thanks for your advice, Deborah

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Deb,

I used burselin for the first time in september so i hope i can help you!

Its fine to have sex while on the nasal spray, my period came about 4 days after starting the spray. You will have a period during d/r if not i think you need to tell your clinic so they can give you something to bring on a bleed.

I did have alot of side effects including hot flushes, mood swings, leg cramps and emotional outbursts!!! I also had a headache constantly. Everyone is different though and some women get no side effects.

I d/r for a week before stimming but carried on for the 12 days i was injecting so all in all 3 weeks. Again, i think everyone is different.

I had my first scan 5 days after i began d/r, but this may have been because i was on the pill for a month first.

Im not a nurse and have only told you my experiences. But i hope this helps,

L xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Deborah

I am on day 18 of d/r with Buserelin spray (Suprecur).

I haven't had too many side effects apart from being thirsty and headaches. I have managed both by drinking loads and loads of water which has helped alot.

My AF arrived on time (7 days after I started d/r) and was normal. I should have started stims a few days ago but my hormone levels were still a bit high so I am d/r for an extra week.  I think they like you to have a bleed to help get your lining nice and thin but the nurse at my clinic said some people don't have a bleed and their lining is still OK to start stims.

You are best to ask your clinic about sex during d/r. I have chosen not to (much to DP's frustration!!!) just because I am not sure if it is OK to do so and don't want another thing to worry about!

I hope that helps a bit! The worse thing I have found about the buserelin spray is that it has to be 8 hours apart which means staying up quite late to do the last one - I am knackered and am really missing my lay-ins at the weekends!!

All the best

Nicky x

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi L and Nicky
thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me....
L best of luck with your pregnancy thats so exciting and wonderful you expecting twins...
Nicky best of luck for your next scan
Thanks once again, thank goodness for this website! Deborah

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Deborah
Different people react differently and even the same person reacts differently each time!

The first time I down regged I felt pretty much OK except for a few minor headaches.  I barely noticed I was D/Ring and had to make sure I remembered to sniff! 
The second time I felt absolutely exhausted, very sick, had some headaches again and quite alot of hot flushes. 

Both times I got AF a few days late and it seemed to go on a bit longer than usual as well. My clinic also wants to know if you don't have one.
I was sniffing for about 2 weeks both times.

On my first cycle we had unprotected sex and then spent the rest of the time panicking that the utterly unlikely event of me getting pg might have happened and that the drugs would be really bad for it!!!!  ;D  Fat chance, of course I wasn't.  I've heard it doesn't do you any harm but we were so anxious about it the first time, on my second cycle we chose to use contraception on the rare occasion I actually felt like doing it!!!  ;D  I think it was only once, I felt so crappy. Poor DP  :( 

good luck and have a lovely time in Thailand, what a great place to D/R!!!

claire x

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claire, thanks for the info.... hope to see you at the London meet on 22nd Nov.
It will be great to finally meet up, Deborah

1 - 6 of 6 Posts